The Texas State Bobcats’ 2017 schedule has been released, including their spring practice schedule and spring game. I went through a quick preview of their non-conference schedule earlier so without further adieu here is the Bobcats’ schedule, spring and regular season in full:
2017 Texas State Football Schedule
|10/28||@ Coastal Carolina|
|11/4||New Mexico State|
The Bobcats’ opponents are familiar ones as Texas State looks to win their first conference game since 11/19/15.
- Appalachian State is sandwiched between non-conference play as the ‘Cats host the Mountaineers who crushed Texas State 35-10 in Boone last year.
- The Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks visit San Marcos for Texas State’s first October game of 2017. The Warhawks also happen to be the last Sun Belt opponent the Bobcats have defeated.
- Texas State will play a Thursday night game against Louisiana-Lafayette in Lafayette. This will be an ESPNU televised game.
- Coastal Carolina will play Texas State for the first time ever.
- New Mexico State, Georgia State, Arkansas State and Troy all dealt blowouts to the Bobcats in 2016. The Bobcats will host the Aggies and Panthers while they will make trips to Jonesboro and Troy, respectively.
Spring Practices and the spring game have also been announced and can be found here:
The Maroon and Gold Spring game will be played on April 15 at 11:45 a.m. at Bobcat Stadium.
Texas State is going to have a tough time as they are probably a couple of seasons away from contending for the Sun Belt title. A win against newbie Coastal Carolina is probable and they had a near comeback against Georgia State last year. Add in an upset win against one of the powerhouses of the #funbelt and I see (optimistically) getting three wins in conference play. Spring will be interesting seeing all the new talent the Bobcats have. As the practices roll along and the spring game approaches the observations will give us a better outlook on 2017. Any thoughts Bobcat fans, or haters? Leave your thoughts below.