National Signing Day was a quiet day for the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders as they landed a quality class for the 2016 recruiting year.
- Detric Bing-Dukes, ILB (Iowa Western C.C.): The 6-2, 230 pound inside linebacker is the second ranked signee for MTSU. He is a three-star recruit and the #178 ranked JUCO player in the nation according to 247 Sports. The Tucker, Georgia native was originally enrolled at Georgia, but went the JUCO route.
- Ricky Blair, WR (Pasadena City College): The 6-5, 180 pound wide receiver is one of five wide receivers to sign with the Blue Raiders. He is coming from JUCO program Pasadena City College. Blair is the #245 ranked JUCO player in the nation. The California native is a three-star rated recruit.
- Jermel Walker, WR (Riverside C.C.): The 6-1, 180 pound wide receiver is part of a group of five wideouts joining Middle Tennessee. A California native, Walker is the #273 ranked JUCO player in the nation and a two-star recruit. Walker was originally a Oregon State commit before going the JUCO route.
- Kory Lamberts, ILB (Diablo Valley College): A signee from the inside linebacker position, Lamberts spent his 2015 season at Diablo Valley College. Lamberts is 6-2, 230 pounds and the #297 ranked JUCO player in the nation. Lamberts is a two-star recruit..
- Angelo Owens, OG (Dodge City C.C.): The 6-3 290 pound offensive guard from Winter Park, Florida picked MTSU over offers from Troy and Charlotte. Owens is the #323 JUCO player in the nation, toiling away at Dodge City CC in 2014 and 2015. Owens is a two-star recruit.
- Charvarius Ward, CB (Hinds C.C.): The 6-1, 185 pound cornerbacks is a native of McComb, Mississippi. He spent the 2014 and 2015 seasons at Hinds CC, gaining a two-star rating. Ward is the #337 JUCO player in the nation and spurned offers from Southern Miss and East Carolina to join the Blue Raiders. Midterm enrollee.
- Rakavian Poydras, DT (Clarksville HS): The incoming freshman from nearby Clarksville, Tennessee is a three-star recruit. He is 6-2, 275 pounds and the #24 ranked player in Tennessee.
- Treyton Peters, OT (Harriman HS): Peters is a 6-7, 290 pound behemoth of an offensive tackle out of Harriman, Tennessee. He is the #27 player in Tennessee and a three-star recruit.
- C.J. Windham, WR (McEachern HS): Another excellent wide receiver signee, Windhams is a native of Powder Springs, Georiga. The 6-2, 190 pound wideout is the #156 player in Georgia and a three-star recruit.
- Kyle Banks, QB (North Paulding HS): The 6-2, 180 pound three-star recruit is the lone quarterback signee and has been a long time commit of the Blue Raiders. He is a native of Dallas, Georgia and the #177 ranked player in the state.
- Chris Myers, TE (LaVergne HS): A local product of nearby LaVergne, Tennessee, Myers is the #42 player in the state. A three-star recruit, Myers has prototypical size at 6-5, 232 pounds.
- Caleb Felton, OLB (Muscle Shoals HS): A three-star recruit from Muscle Shoals, Alabama, Felton is the #72 ranked player in the state. Felton, at 6-1, 195 pounds, is a three-star recruit.
- Jordan Gonzalez, DE (Dwyer HS): The 6-5, 225 pound defensive end has flown a bit under the radar with MTSU facing little opposition for his services. The three-star recruit is the #293 player in Florida.
- Kylan Stribling, CB (Independence HS): Another local product of nearby Thompsons Station, Tennessee, Stribling is a 5-11, 180 pound cornerback. Stribling is a two-star recruit and the #58 player in Tennessee.
- William Craig, OLB (Buford HS): An outside linebacker signee, Craig is a native of Buford, Georgia. The 5-11, 211 pound battering ram of a linebacker is a two-star recruit and the #237 player in Georgia.
- Ty Nix, DT (Oakland HS): The most local signee of the current class, Nix is a native of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. The 6-0, 270 pound defensive tackle played at Oakland High School, earning a two-star rating in the process.
- Ty Lee, ATH (Colquitt Count HS): A late flip from Georgia Southern, Lee is a 5-8, 160 pound athlete that can play on either side of the ball. Lee is a three-star recruit and the #127 player in Georgia.
- Crews Holt, K (Ravenwood HS): The 5-9, 150 pound kicker from nearby Brentwood, Tennessee makes six signees from in-state in 2016. Holt was the Tennessee Mr. Football Kicker of the Year last fall.
- Ty Watkins, OL (Midterm): The 6-1, 307 pound center from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M is one of four offensive line signees. He is a two-star recruit and early enrollee with the Blue Raiders.
- Tyshawn Brown, S (Mays HS): The 6-0, 180 pound safety will help relieve the pressure felt with Kevin Byard graduating. He is a three-star recruit and the #107 player in Georgia.
- Luke Harris, OL (Lafayette HS): The 6-4, 318 pound offensive tackle out of Lafayette, Indiana is one of four offensive lineman signees from this class. Harris will help give depth to a position of strength heading into 2016.
- Reginald Henderson, WR (Clewiston HS): An important pickup at the wide receiver position, Henderson is a native of Clewiston, Florida. The 6-4, 198 pound receiver is a three-star recruit and the #239 player in Florida.
- Justin Brown, CB (Parker HS): A commit since the summer, Brown is a 6-0, 186 pound cornerback. The Birmingham, Alabama native is the #131 player in the state and a two-star recruit.
Not really. There were a couple of commits that were iffy due to academics, but the Blue Raiders were able to sit back and watch the players they wanted join the program.
Detric Bing-Dukes. The former four-star Georgia enrollee will compete for playing time and possibly start this fall. He is good.