After 10 players from the American Athletic Conference were selected in the 2016 NFL Draft, the real fun began. Another 20 student-athletes earned the chance to continue their football career, signing as undrafted free agents. Only UDFAs listed officially by the NFL are part of this list.
- Keyarris Garrett, WR: The star wide receiver is headed to the Carolina Panthers after signing a free agent deal. He is the only Tulsa player to sign as an undrafted free agent.
- Ryan Mack, OT: Mack was a graduate transfer from Louisville and is now headed to the Dallas Cowboys.
- Mose Frazier, WR: The do it all was the top target for quarterback Paxton Lynch and follows him as a UDFA of the Denver Broncos.
- Tevin Jones, WR: The Texas native is heading back to the Lonestar State after signing with the Houston Texans.
- Alan Cross, FB/TE: A player that fits in as a fullback or tight end, Cross is headed to Florida as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Taylor Fallin, OT: One of five Tigers to sign as an UDFA, Falling is joining Corss in heading to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Eric Lee, LB: South Florida, The only Bulls player to sign as an UDFA, Lee is headed to the Houston Texans.
- Arturo Uzdavinis, OT: A star offensive lineman for Tulane, Uzdavinis is one of two members of the Green Wave to sign as an UDFA. He is headed to the Houston Texans.
- Rob Kelley, RB: Never fully able to find a role at Tulane, Kelley looks to make an impact with the Washington Redskins.
- Andrew Adams, DB: An experienced player with over 30 starts, Adams is headed to the New York Giants.
- Kyle Friend, OL: A star offensive lineman, Friend will have a chance to player at the next level for the New York Jets.
- Brandon Shippen, WR: A bit overlooked when talking about Temple wideouts, Shippen is headed south with the Miami Dolphins.
- Robby Anderson, WR: Joining teammate Kyle Friend, the explosive wideout is headed to the Big Apple to play for the New York Jets.
- Chris Hairston, RB: The only East Carolina player to sign an UDFA contract, Hairston is headed to the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Kenneth Farrow, RB: A bit lost among the Greg Ward Jr. show last season, Farrow was not overlooked in signing with the San Diego Chargers.
- Adrian McDonald, S: Joining teammate Kenneth Farrow, McDonald is heading out west to play for the San Diego Chargers.
- Chris Swain, RB: A second member of Navy's offensive backfield to have a chance at the NFL, Swain is headed to the San Diego Chargers.
- Johnny Holton, WR: Following a solid career at Cincinnati, Holton is headed out west as a member of the Oakland Raiders.
- Mekale McKay, WR: The Louisville, Kentucky native gets to stay fairly close to home after signing with the Indianapolis Colts.
- Kirk Willis, LS: On Ohio native, the long snapper is staying in state after signing with the Cleveland Browns.