- Tulane and SMU face off for an AAC title on Saturday. Our own Steve Helwick previewed the heavyweight fight planned for Yulman Stadium.
- SMU special teams quality control coach Garrett Clawson spoke to a reporter from his hometown paper in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Head coach Rhett Lashlee also offered some words of praise for his assistant.
- Things are getting worse for UTEP. With Dana Dimel gone, many of their better players are moving on from the program. News broke that hometown hero Deion Hankins had entered the transfer portal on Thursday.
- Liberty and New Mexico State play for the CUSA title on Saturday. Here’s our preview of that matchup.
- Arguably the biggest story of the day in the Group of Five was the announcement that Curt Cignetti had resigned as James Madison’s head football coach and will take the open job at Indiana. Cignetti and school officials released a lengthy joint statement on Thursday.
- Coastal Carolina and San José State were the first confirmed matchup of bowl season on Thursday. The two will go against each other in the Hawaii Bowl on December 23.