- Jim Mora has an idea of what’s keeping UConn from being a more competitive football program: money - from anyone who wants to see the Huskies succeed. On Tuesday, referring to UConn’s high profile opponents, Mora said “Because if you’re not going to help us get the players to beat them, then you are not entitled to bitch when we don’t beat them.”
- We’ve got two critical matchups in the AAC this weekend. Navy hosts SMU looking to get to bowl eligibility in their first year under Brian Newberry. The Mustangs need a win to keep their hopes of an AAC title alive.
- Meanwhile in New Orleans, #23 Tulane host UTSA as the Green Wave look to secure the right to host the AAC title game and get one step closer to a return trip to the New Year’s Six. At least part of the story for UTSA, however, will be about how hot of a commodity their head coach Jeff Traylor seems to be at the moment.
- For the first time ever, the Liberty Flames are included in the College Football Playoff rankings. College Football Playoff Selection Committee Chair Boo Corrigan talked about the Flames on Tuesday.
- In arguably one of the most smile-inducing upsets of the year, New Mexico State beat Auburn over the weekend and left with a $1.85 million check. Matt Cohen of AL.com talked to NMSU athletic director Mario Moccia about how Moccia is capitalizing on the moment and what that money means to the school
- James Madison University, their lawyers, and certain Virginia government officials have had plenty to say about the Dukes being ineligible for the postseason. They even looked to move forward with legal action against the NCAA. On Wednesday, however, they backed off of that idea.
- The East division this week basically comes down to the games between App State and Georgia Southern, and then Coastal Carolina and JMU. But ODU-Georgia State matchup factors into things as well. Here’s a breakdown of the scenarios.