COVID-19 has altered the way we all live for the last six months, for better or worse, but we at least still have football! With football, comes news, highlights and a chance to take our minds off the real world for a little bit.
So sit back, relax, and take in the news from Around the Dog Park.
Around the NCAA
- In a recent Senate committee meeting, there was a discussion on whether coaching salaries should be capped to keep the rising earnings of FBS coaches from getting out of hand.
- UMass has reversed their decision to postpone football and will play in 2020 after all.
- Jackson State announced Deion “Primetime” Sanders as their new football coach in a very Primetime fashion.
American Athletic Conference
- It was another offensive showcase from the FBS’ P6 conference. Here are three things we learned.
- Speaking of offense, SMU put up 65 points on North Texas. How did they do it? Find out in our game recap!
- Navy had a historic comeback against conference rival Tulane.
- Speaking of Navy, their head coach Ken Niumatalolo is not happy that Air Force and Army can play fewer games and still have a chance to win the Commander in Chief Trophy.
- Tulsa had a chance to pull off a huge upset in Stillwater but fell just short due to a few missed opportunities.
- Memphis’ COVID-19 woes continue, forcing them to cancel their game with UTSA this week and add a game against Stephen F. Austin.
- There was a lot of action around C-USA this weekend, here’s what we took away from it all.
- Marshall had an outstanding day on the ground against a ranked Appalachian State team that helped them pull the upset.
- UTSA and Middle Tennessee have scheduled a new game this weekend in San Antonio.
- Speaking of MTSU, they lost the Battle for the Palladin to their Sun Belt rival Troy.
- Louisiana Tech and Southern Miss had a great game that went down to the wire.
- UTEP struggled once again to beat an FCS squad but they’re now 2-1 for the first time since 2014.
- After a historic upset in Week 1, the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns had another memorable game, beating Georgia State in overtime.
- After two close calls, Texas State finally got their first win of the season over UL-Monroe.