- Dixie State is making the move up from D2 to FCS next year. They’ve released their initial FCS football schedule.
- As of now, FAU and UCF are still planning on meeting on the field this weekend as Hurricane Dorian is tracking towards the Floridian coast.
- A Grambling football player says that a ULM player spit in his face during last week’s game. That’s nasty!
- The Southern University Human Jukebox gets the long-read article that they deserve.
- As expected, the AAC is seeking to move away from a divisional model after UConn’s departure from the league.
- Boise State will be meeting Cincinnati in 2028 and 2029 in what should be a super fun series.
- Cincy has also booked home-and-home series with NC State and Boston College. Great scheduling work from the Bearcats.
- The Daily Stampede has had enough of USF football following their embarrassing no-show against Wisconsin.
- UTSA has scheduled a one-off game with the Lamar Cardinals to take place in 2021.
- This interview with North Texas Athletic Director Wren Baker details how UNT is improving their brand awareness and increasing their attendance.
- The word has gotten out about Louisiana Tech cornerback Amik Robertson as the national media is making comparisons to Tyrann Mathieu.
- UTSA quarterback Frank Harris was named Texas Football Magazine’s weekly coverboy after his explosive debut in San Antonio.
- Western Kentucky has blown leads over FCS programs twice in the past two years.
- Southern Miss starting running back Trivenskey Mosley will likely be sidelined for a while after suffering a lower-body injury against Alcorn State.
- Bill Clark and Seth Littrell both made apperances on the Jim Rome show, as shown in the videos embedded below:
- Georgia State knew that their returning experience on both sides of the line would give them an opportunity to upset Tennessee. Mission accomplished, as the Panthers held Tennessee to 93 rushing yards.
- After leading Georgia State to a huge win over Tennessee, Shawn Elliot was named the Dodd Trophy Coach of the Week.