- Hugh Freeze made headlines last week after he coached in a “medical chair” for Liberty’s blowout loss to Louisiana-Lafayette.
- Old Dominion will travel to Liberty in 2023 which will be the in-state rivals’ fifth meeting on the gridiron.
- Okay this story is INSANE and I can’t believe I hadn’t ever heard of it! In 1958 Chattanooga upset Tennessee in Knoxville then proceeded to cause a riot after Chattanooga fans stormed the field and tore down the goal post. Mass hysteria, drunk cops, mistaken identities... this story has it all folks.
- A few current and former G5 programs made ESPN’s list of the 150 greatest teams in college football history.
- Baylor transfer Zach Smith is starting to show his promise at quarterback for Tulsa.
- Changes to Tulsa’s offensive line is already starting to payoff as the Golden Hurricane OL looked greatly improved against San Jose State last week.
- The Orlando Sentinel makes the argument that UCF should stick with true freshman Dillon Gabriel at starting quarterback for this week’s game against Stanford.
- Could I interest you in a lazy river tailgate?
- FAU’s lack of discipline and poor execution has Lane Kiffin concerned about the Owls’ program moving forward this season.
- On a related note, FAU is struggling with injuries at the running back position, while offensive line continues to be an area of concern.
- Once a standout running for the Thundering Herd, Tyler King has been kicked off the team for an all-encompassing “violation of team rules and policies”.
- North Texas is taking a hard look inwards after a disappointing loss to SMU. This includes changes to the depth chart in Denton.
- UNT offensive guard Elex Woodworth is expected to return this week as the Mean Green face off with Cal.
- With Rice and Texas set to rekindle their old SWC rivalry this week it’s a great time to look back at the most memorable moment to ever take place in Rice Stadium.
UAB is one of only six teams in the nation yet to allow a sack this season. pic.twitter.com/SPdNXz10bc— UAB Football (@UAB_FB) September 10, 2019
- Texas State quarterback Gresch Jensen has his liabilities (deep ball, movement in the pocket) but he was accurate enough to get the job done against Wyoming.
- Jensen’s performance was enough to earn him the starting role this week, but he’ll need to clean up his five turnovers if he’s to remain the starter for the rest of the season.
- Super classy move from Georgia as they’re asking all of their fans to wear pink on Saturday in honor of Arkansas State Head Coach Blake Anderson’s late wife Wendy.