- UConn begins to build out their independent schedule as they’ve announced to a two game home-and-home with Boston College.
- I know we all clown on Hugh Freeze a lot, but it’s a huge relief to hear that Hugh is recovering from a near-death scare following a recent health complication.
- Mike Houston has suspended two defensive players after they were allegedly spotting attempting to break into vehicles.
- UCF running back Greg McCrae opens up on an off-topic interview with Black and Gold Banneret.
- Bleacher Report has dubbed D’Eriq King the Next Kyler Murray as the former wide receiver prepares to lead Houston back to an AAC title.
- Tulsa QB Zach Smith is trying to graduate from just being known as “the transfer from Baylor”.
- Texas transfer Shane Buechele has won the starting job at SMU and is choosing to focus on the positives of his career as it enters its twilight.
- Mason Fine gets the ESPN treatment as the WWL ran a lengthy profile on the UNT star quarterback.
- Conference USA has announced their 25 most memorable games in conjunction with the league’s 25th anniversary of play.
- Lane Kiffin’s perspective on building the FAU program for the long haul is indicative of his maturation as a head coach.
- Southern Miss leading receiver Quez Watkins will be sitting out the first two games of the season, perhaps due to his academic struggles over the offseason.
FB: Georgia transfer linebacker Jaden Hunter will be eligible for the WKU football team this season, a team spokesman has confirmed with the Herald. Hunter is listed as a redshirt sophomore on the team's 2019 roster. Stay tuned for updates.— WKU Herald Sports (@wkuheraldsports) August 27, 2019
- Arkansas State’s new facilities are absolutely on par with what you’ll find at most G5 schools.
- Jake Spavital’s first game at Texas State will be even more special for him as he’ll be returning to Kyle Field after breaking on the national scene as a play caller for Texas A&M.
- Cephus Johnson has been named South Alabama’s starting quarterback. The young man is a load at 6’5”, 220 pounds.
- Georgia Southern is preparing to start their season against a formidable opponent. Here’s how the Eagles are preparing to upset LSU.