- Northern Arizona has announced scheduled games against both Arizona and Arizona State.
- South Alabama and Southeastern Louisiana will face off in 2026.
- Some administrators in college football are looking into rule changes that would allow programs that are under the scholarship limit to “catch up” to the max more quickly.
- Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine has several predictions for Texas G5 schools, none of which are good news for UTSA.
- Tulsa and Louisiana Tech have announced a home-and-home series. Consider us a fan!
- A Tennessee State University quarterback has been arrested on multiple counts of rape and sexual battery.
- SMU has added a graduate transfer from Auburn, their 16th transfer of the season!
- Beer and concessions will be dirt cheap at Tulane games this year. It’s Mardi Gras every Saturday at Yulman Stadium.
- Surprisingly, Tulane current has the best recruiting class in the AAC. This serves as a reminder of why Willie Fritz remains a sought-after coach.
- Our buddies at The Daily Stampede put together a nice preview for ECU this season.
- The Athletic has released their predictions for the AAC this season.
- Dana Holgorsen’s Houston Cougars are getting slammed with injuries this fall camp as their cornerbacks are looking particularly thin.
SMU grad transfer DeAndre McNeal has entered the transfer portal, per a source. He never played for the Mustangs, but did play at FAU and Texas. Was a former highly rated recruit and committed to SMU in July.— Sam Blum (@SamBlum3) August 16, 2019
- Travis Haney, formerly of ESPN, has joined Charlotte’s football staff. I’m available as a recruiting coordinator if anyone is looking!
- Tykee Ogle-Kellogg made some impressive plays as a true freshman in UTSA’s offense last year but the talented wide out is aiming to build consistency into his game this year.
- The Roadrunners’ success on offense will likely depend on Head Coach Frank Wilson letting the leash off of the offense.
- Here’s a good recap of Charlotte’s last scrimmage. It’s still too early for Will Healy to declare a starting quarterback, although Chris Reynolds appears to have an edge.
- Old Dominion’s new football stadium sounds like it will be incredibly accommodating to fans.
- Alcohol will soon be sold at M.M. Roberts Stadium!
- UTEP has added a talented USC transfer that referred to himself in third person in his “Taking my talents to South Beach” style transfer announcement. Seems like this will end well.
- Steven Duncan has been named WKU’s starting quarterback.
- UAB has to replace 35 seniors on their depth chart, so this projection contains quite a few new names.
- Ten burning questions for the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders.
- You’ve likely already heard the tragic news of Arkansas State Head Coach Blake Anderson losing his wife after her battle with cancer. I highly recommend revisiting this article that paints the story of the couple’s relationship and Wendy’s struggle against cancer.
- Billy Napier came under fire last week after announcing that he was requiring players to donate to the school’s athletic fund. Napier has since backed off of these claims.
- Barely recruited out of high school, Texas State linebacker Bryan London has built out a very successful career in San Marcos. London is looking to add one more accomplishment to his resume — get the Bobcats to their first ever bowl game.