- Phil Steele has released his preseason FCS All-American teams which go four deep at each position.
- After being ousted from the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Association for kicking too much ass, St. Thomas is exploring the ability to move from D-III to D-I, a nearly unprecedented move.
- Given New Mexico State’s historical struggles, it’s a minor miracle that they’ve posted $326,000 profit in ticket sales. There’s good momentum in Las Cruces despite the obstacles the Aggies face.
- Former Auburn offensive tackle Calvin Ashley signed with Florida Atlantic, but has since announced his intention to transfer to FAMU.
- The Southland has announced their TV schedule for 2019.
- New Memphis Athletic Director Laird Veatch was a four year letter winner at Kansas State as a linebacker.
- Awesome marketing drive from SMU here as they placed billboards in many of the Metroplex’s suburbs featuring players from Mesquite, Desoto, etc.
- Tulsa Head Coach Phil Montgomery is building deeper connections with the programs' supporters.
- Former MTSU quarterback Brent Stockstill’s coaching career is off to a great start after he joined the FAU coaching staff in July.
- Devaughn Cooper was projected to be the Arizona Wildcat’s top wide out this year. Instead he’ll be transferring to UTEP after being kicked off the team at Arizona. While Cooper is clearly a behavioral risk, the Miners are in desperate need of talent out wide.
- Promising Charlotte sophomore receiver Rico Arnold will have to sit out the 2019 season after undergoing surgery on an injured foot.
- Jack Abraham still has a solid grasp on the starting quarterback job at Southern Miss following USM’s first scrimmage.
- ULM’s first scrimmage of the fall was full of big plays as J.T. Jackson threw for three touchdowns.