General G5 Football
- USA Today’s database for coaches’ salaries and buyouts has been updated.
- DreamHouse Productions was set to sponsor the New Mexico Bowl until ESPN realized that the company doesn’t actually exist.
- This list of college football coaches’ favorite musical acts is pretty awful. Stick to sports fellas.
- ESPN lists out the 150 best games in college football history. The 2007 Fiesta Bowl is way underrated here!
UConn announces 9 of its 12 opponents for its 1st season as an independent in 2020:— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) October 24, 2019
Home games vs. UMass, Indiana, Liberty, Army & Maine.
Road games at Illinois, Ole Miss, San Jose State & Virginia
Houston cornerback Ka'Darian Smith was arrested Nov. 6 and charged with aggravated assault with serious bodily injury of a 60-year-old man. He posted $20,000 bond and was released— Joseph Duarte (@Joseph_Duarte) November 11, 2019
- A Marshall football player has been suspended from the team after he was arrested for domestic battery. A member of Marshall University’s police force spotted Brandon Drayton grabbing a woman around the neck while yelling at her.
- Middle Tennessee has scheduled a 2025 tilt with Austin Peay.
- The QB and RB positions remain an open battle for the Owls as Rice seeks their first win of the season. Rice has been hit hard by injury at both positions.
- With Mason Fine going through the concussion protocol the Mean Green are getting a crash course in life after Fine’s graduation.
- Conference USA faces a muddy picture for this year’s bowl season. Up to eight teams could be bowl eligible and fighting for six official bowl tie-ins.
- Three takeaways from Southern Miss’ decisive victory over UAB last week.
- SWC Roundup makes the argument that Texas State’s losing ways start at the top of the athletic program, not at the feet of the current head coach.
- South Alabama will travel to face Auburn in 2025. Get that money, Jags.
- Sage words from Sporting News. It’s time to stop bringing up the Michigan game every time Appalachian State does something newsworthy.
From yesterday.. Georgia State quarterback Dan Ellington will not play (knee) against Appalachian State, according to Shawn Elliott.— Scott Watkins (@scottwatkinsTU) November 12, 2019