- The math makes it obvious that the national media isn’t taking G5 schools as seriously as they should.
- If there was a Group of 5 playoff which teams would be in the mix?
- ESPN offers up a great synopsis of where college football is at this season, including a recap of where G5 conference races stand and which G5 teams could make a bowl for the first time ever.
- Malik Henry of Last Chance U fame has been named the starting quarterback at Nevada.
- Josh Heupel has finally addressed the elephant in the room after Notre Dame transfer QB Brandon Wimbush was spotted taking snaps with UCF’s wide receivers in warm ups last week.
- The AAC is deeper than ever. While the added competition might hurt individual teams’ chances at making the playoffs in the near future, Mike Aresco is hoping that the increased strength of schedule pays off in the long run.
- Cincinnati’s win over UCF wasn’t just a huge loss for the Knights. It could also propel the Bearcats to new heights in the AAC.
- USF’s leading receiver, running back Johnny Ford, has been suspended indefinitely. The Bulls will start a walk-on in his place.
- Chris Claybrooks is set to return this week for Memphis, while Patrick Taylor is questionable as he continues to rehab a lower body injury.
- Southern Miss has two bye weeks this year. A scheduling rarity for sure, but Head Coach Jay Hopson is planning to make the most of them.
- Former UNT standout Brian Waters has been named to the Kansas City Chiefs’ Ring of Honor. Waters is also a member of the UNT Hall of Fame.
- Your truly did a Q&A with The Daily Dragon ahead of this week’s UTSA vs. UAB match up in San Antonio. UTSA will have luchadores outside of the Alamodome before the game on Saturday.
Did we mention Lucha libre will be taking over the H-E-B plaza on Saturday?— UTSA Athletics (@UTSAAthletics) October 8, 2019
- Arkansas State running back Isaiah Azubuike will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing ankle surgery.