- Lamar has scheduled games with Texas State (2024) and North Texas (2025).
- A JUCO head coach is under investigation for allegedly charging players rent to sleep in the locker room.
- Mary Hardin-Baylor may have to vacate their 2016 Division III championship after their head coach allowed student-athletes to borrow his 2006 vehicle. The NCAA way over-stepped on this ruling in my opinion, and I hope UMHB’s appear is successful.
- The Athletic recaps where each G5 conference is at through the midway point of the season.
- Evidently Air Force Head Coach Troy Calhoun isn’t happy with the program’s placement in the Mountain West.
- Bill Connelly’s midseason awards highlight a lot of great players and coaches at the G5 level.
- UCF is still the top ranked in the G5 per the latest S&P+ rankings.
- Several AAC coaches are among the top names on The Athletic’s list of coaches to watch this coaching carousel.
- Memphis running back Kenneth Gainwell was named to The Athletic’s midseason Freshman All-American team. Great name for a running back by the way.
#AACBloggerPoll: Week 7 Update— Fear the Wave (@FearTheWaveBlog) October 14, 2019
1. Cincy stays in the #1 spot in back-to-back weeks... but SMU actually led in 1st place votes
2. New top four of Cincy, SMU, Tulane, and Temple
3. USF upsets BYU and moves up to #9 in the poll
For your consideration, here is the Poll: pic.twitter.com/cwhrcEooEI
- “Ryan” is now the corporate title sponsor of the 2019 C-USA Football Championship game. “Ryan” has also been named the “Official Corporate Tax Services Firm of Conference USA”. Really curious to see how much this cost “Ryan”.
- Marshall has announced future games with North Carolina Central and Norfolk State.
- UTSA Head Coach Frank Wilson has come under even more fire after last week’s loss to UAB in the Alamodome.
- The SWC Roundup has called for Frank Wilson to be fired.
- Incredible stat from The Athletic: “Western Kentucky is 4-2 without scoring more than 20 points in any of its wins after beating Army 17-8.” That’s not the Hilltoppers I’m used to!
- No matter though, WKU has emerged as an unlikely candidate to win Conference USA.
- Following a huge loss to Southern Miss, UNT is suddenly facing a lot of adversity this season. The Mean Green will need a bit of luck and some preservation if they’re to win the division.
- The Daily Dragon breaks down some crucial plays from the UTSA and UAB match up.
- The Palm Beach Post dishes out grades for each of FAU’s units at the midseason mark.
- Rice is aiming to turn quality showings into wins. The Owls have their best opportunity of the season this week as they travel to UTSA.
- Linebacker Anthony Ekpe and fullback Reagan Williams will be out for Rice this week.
- Southern Miss Offensive Coordinator Buster Faulkner made the call to move former wide reciever De’Michael Harris to running back and it has paid huge dividends for USM’s explosive offense.
- The loss of a close friend has helped motivate Arkansas State receiver Omar Bayless’ breakout season.
ULM head coach Matt Viator confirmed that wide receiver Xavier Brown has left the Warhawks.— Adam Hunsucker (@Adam_Hunsucker) October 14, 2019
"He just decided to leave the team and I hate that. I was always an Xavier fan but it was his decision and we’ll move forward."