You should watch every single game you possibly can every week. Maybe your team is on a bye week or life gets in the way and you have to choose which games you consume. So to help you out I picked the most impactful game from each conference, here are the games that are MUST watch this week.
1. Army at Buffalo- 12:00pm ET on CBS Sports Network: The Bulls are probably the quietest 4-0 team in the country and has one of the most exciting offenses in all of college football lead by quarterback Tyree Jackson and his plethora of weapons at wide receiver. There is finally some buzz surrounding this team and this week they go up against a team that was the nation’s darling for about an hour last week when they came up just short of upsetting Oklahoma, the Army Black Knights. The reason this game is a must watch is the clash of styles and styles certainly makes fight. Can the Bulls stay perfect against an Army team that proved they can play with anyone?
2. Louisiana Tech at North Texas- 7:30 ET on beIN sports: North Texas is undefeated and one of the hottest teams in the nation and Louisiana Tech is coming off a loss where they held their own against LSU. The Mean Green offense is potent with quarterback Mason Fine having great year but Louisiana Tech’s defense could present the most trouble for North Texas so far. Can the Bulldogs go score for score with the Mean Green’s high scoring attack? Why is this game must watch? That’s simple, the Conference USA West runs through this game. There’s a good chance the winner of this game will make the conference championship game. Oh and North Texas is wearing amazing throwback uniforms honoring Mean Joe Green.
3. Temple at Boston College (12pm ET, ESPNU) and Pittsburgh at UCF (3:30 ET, ESPN): Okay so I cheated a little bit on this but there wasn’t a solid AAC conference game this week. What we do have is a chance for two American teams to get wins over two power five and ACC teams. The Knights own the nation’s longest win streak and they’ll host a reeling Pitt team coming off of a loss against a bad North Carolina team. We’ve heard all about the UCF offense and rightfully so but I think the defense had made significant strides under coordinator Randy Shannon and with that we have a potential blowout on our hands. Steve Addazio hosts his former program when Temple goes to Boston College this week. The Owls season got off to a rough start but have looked good ever since. They’re going to catch angry Boston College team coming off of a loss but Temple still has a chance to prove they’ve completely righted the ship. Why are they must watch? More chances to make fun of the power five of course!
4. Toledo at Fresno State- 10:30pm ET on ESPNU: The Bulldogs are coming off of a stomping of UCLA on the road and then a bye week. Now they welcome the Toledo Rockets to Bulldog Stadium in a rematch from 2016. The Bulldogs have done a complete turnaround in the last two seasons thanks to the hire of Jeff Tedford. Toledo certainly hasn’t fallen off and their only loss in 2018 was competitive game agaisnt the Miami Hurricanes and now they have a duel threat quarterback in Mitchell Guadagni. But the Bulldogs defense has been pretty solid so far and are second in the nation in turnovers with twelve. Can the Rockets lockdown wide reciever KeeSean Johnson and the Fresno offense? Why is it must watch? These two teams are capable of winning their conference and it’s a match up we don’t see often.
5. Arkansas State at Georgia Southern- 6:00pm ET on ESPN+: The Red Wolves are 3-1 with their only loss coming to the monster that is Alabama. Georgia Southern’s only loss this year is on the road at Clemson where they at the very least competed for awhile. The Eagles have gone back to their usual triple option offense under new coach Chad Lundsford and it already looks to be paying dividends. UNLV was able to move the ball on Arkansas State last week and the Eagles will certainly look to do the same with dynamic quarterback Shai Werts. While Arkansas State has a really good quarterback of their own in Justice Hansen, I don’t expect a high scoring affair in this one. Why is this game a must watch? This game is a huge match up within the Sun Belt and would be huge for either team to pick up the win.
Bonus game: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WATCH SOUTH DAKOTA STATE AT NORTH DAKOTA STATE! A high quality top five FCS game and it’s a rivalry. The 3:30 slate is weak so hop on over to ESPN+ and check this one out.