- I think this marks our first head coach departure of the season? Correct me if I’m wrong but Missouri Southern Head Coach Denver Johnson has resigned, effective immediately.
- We have a new team in our G5 top ten this week.
- A UTSA fan has started a petition to have the winner of the Roadrunners’ rivalry game with Texas State to be rewarded with a golden HEB shopping cart.
- FAU’s and UCF’s athletic directors are brothers, providing even more intrigue to this major G5 match up.
- A Temple recruiting target has been barred from playing his senior football season due to homelessness. I’m hoping there’s more to the story than what’s been reported already.
- Terrible news out of Orlando as a UCF freshman linebacker has been arrested on rape charges.
- Blake Barnett sat down with The Athletic to discuss his collegiate journey and becoming a father.
- Southern Miss running back T’Rod Daniels has unexpectedly left the program to seek a graduate transfer.
- Western Kentucky’s Marquez Trigg is right behind him as he has departed the Hilltop.
- Tight end Kyle Fourtenbary is emerging as a major weapon in WKU’s offense.
- Supposedly the NCAA is investigating passing an immediate rule change to prohibit North Texas’ viral fake fair catch punt return. The NCAA says there are no current plans to change any punt return rules.
- UNT is quickly becoming America’s Cinderella program among the Group of Five.
- Could Mason Fine by in line for a Heisman finalist season? One columnist thinks it’s feasible.
- North Texas medical students are getting a hands-on learning experience as they’ve been working with the Mean Green’s training staff to see how they treat injuries to football players.
- The Charlotte 49ers are 2-1! Here’s how they’ve improved in 2018.
- UTSA’s Power Five schedule ended with an 0-5 record. It’s time for the Roadrunners’ season to really begin.
- Yes, Old Dominion’s start to the season has been disappointing. But fans that are attacking players online need to get a grip.