- Is there still a chance that the Mountain West is going to expand in the near future? The folks at Mountain West Wire discuss.
- Boise State and UCF are the only two G5 in the preseason USA Today Coaches Poll Top 25.
- Folks are expecting New Mexico State’s defensive line to come through with a big year.
- New Mexico State also has a new deal with the Arizona Bowl and a new home and home series on the docket with Central Michigan.
- Some thoughts on MAC programs in rebuild mode, via Hustle Belt.
- Keon Howard, who left Southern Miss amid a tight QB battle this summer, will be transferring to Tulane.
- A look at Houston’s defensive depth chart, via the Houston Chronicle.
- The five most underrated offensive players in the American.
- Why your favorite AAC team will (and won’t) make a playoff run from our own Joe Broback
- South Florida is on a decent little recruiting streak.
- Three players trying to step up and lead Rice’s turnaround, via the Houston Chronicle.
- A new stadium will do wonders for UAB’s fan base.
- Louisiana Tech has hired their tenth on-field assistant coach.
- The WKU Herald did a pretty extensive job covering the Hilltoppers’ media day on their Twitter.
Drew Eckels talks about leading team activities and being in a leadership role going into camp pic.twitter.com/0ttaPLWosQ— WKU Herald Sports (@wkuheraldsports) August 2, 2018
- From the AP, a look at Rick and Brent Stocktill’s relationship going into their last season together.
- Mobile’s city council has voted to postpone a vote for a new South Alabama stadium—again.
- College Football News published their Sun Belt season preview.
- Texas State’s run game will dictate their success in 2018.
- Troy’s Jeb Davis did a video interview for the school’s YouTube page discussing his community service efforts off the field and plans to join the military.
- Marcus Outlow is due for a big year at Coastal Carolina.