- The NCAA has implemented bowl game limits for each conference. The AAC gets seven bowl games, seven for Conference USA, and five for the Sun Belt.
- New Mexico State has announced kick off times for their 2018 home games.
- Doug Martin’s football camps at NMSU continues to grow in size. 288 players showed up for their individual camp.
- The Aggies have a very special leg up on the competition with awesome assistants like Marisa Martinez helping out behind the scenes.
- It’s official — Bacone College football is no more.
- SFA Head Coach Clint Conque has been placed on administrative leave while an unspecified investigation begins.
- We hear the term often but what exactly does it mean to be “multiple” on offense?
- Service academies operate very differently than the rest of college football. Get acquainted with the peculiarities with this quick read.
- Student athletes that request a transfer from their current university could have their scholarship dropped immediately.
- Several G5 players appeared on Sports Illustrated’s list of the biggest snubs in their 2018 top 100 player list.
- The Big Sky conference is going to be highly competitive this season. It’s going to be fun to follow the league in the late fall as teams compete for playoff spots.
- Athlon Sports has ranked all 130 head coaches in college football.
- How do windy conditions affect a college football game?
- Navy and Nike got beef y’all. The Naval Academy accused Nike of stealing one of their logos. Nike eventually acknowledged the similarities and ditched the logo.
- SMU will have to replace several outstanding players this season but they still have enough talent to compete with anyone in the AAC.
- While UH is running circles around Texas G5 programs when it comes to revenue, they’re still well behind their P5 peers in Texas.
- USF checks in at #72 in the Orlando Sentinel’s preseason rankings. Life without Quinton Flowers begins.
- McKenzie Milton was named the #2 quarterback in the nation by USA Today.
- Tulane’s Dominique Briggs is tied for the highest-rated pass blocker among Division I offensive guards.
- Central Florida picked up a commitment from South Dade linebacker Jeremiah Jean-Baptiste. He talks about what drew him to the Knights’ program.
- Temple’s desired on-campus stadium has hit yet another roadblock as their official proposal to the City of Philadelphia will not be filed on time.
- Marshall AD Mike Hamrick has rejoined the NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee. Let’s hope he can get some G5-friendly rules in place.
- Lance Armstrong’s son Luke will be joining the Rice football program as an offensive lineman.
- In a crazy and tragic update, Rice football star Blain Padgett’s autopsy showed signs of serious drug abuse including remnants of a drug that was designed to be used as an elephant tranquilizer.
- The Owls have added three transfers this summer. Here’s a breakdown of how all of them fit into the equation in Rice Village.
- Lane Kiffin has had a career full of bold moves but bringing in a 25 year old offensive coordinator might be his riskiest move yet.
- Former Florida prep standout Nick Tronti is transferring from Indiana to FAU.
- North Texas’ recruiting has reached new heights as UNT is ranked number one in Conference USA.
- Dana Holgorsen’s son Logan has flipped his commitment from UNT to Bowling Green. The Mean Green were quick to find a replacement with Will Kuehne.
- Is Will Kuehne the next Mason Fine for the Mean Green?
- We’re five years removed from the dismantling of the UAB football program. We’re glad the Blazers are in a much better place now.
- Legendary Iowa quarterback Drew Tate has joined the Coastal Carolina program as a... defensive analyst?
- South Alabama’s latest stadium renderings include a concert stage in the endzone. This is a great idea to draw revenue from the stadium outside of game days.
- A former UT Arlington lineman is on the ballot for the College Football Hall of Fame. Bring back the Mavs.