Six months ago Lane Kiffin and FAU agreed to a new 10 year deal after the Owls completed the 2017 season with an 11-3 record, their best season in school history. That 10 year deal was finalized this week with the approval of new athletic director Brian White.
The contract has become available to the the public and we’ve obtained a copy of said contract at Underdog Dynasty. Here are a few details of Kiffin’s new contract.
- The 10 year contract gives Kiffin a base salary of $950,000 annually. It’s the same base salary under his previous contract that was done by former AD Pat Chun.
- The buyout clause is $2 million should Kiffin leave for a new school at the end of the season. The same buyout amount under Chun. The buyout drops to $1.5 million after the 2019 season and $1 million after the 2020 season.
- Kiffin’s salary pool for assistants is a little over $2 million for each year of his contract.
- Kiffin will receive a $20,000 bonus for reaching the Conference USA Championship Game.
- If FAU wins C-USA for the second straight season, Kiffin will receive a $40,000 bonus.
- Kiffin will receive a $50,000 bonus if FAU ends the 2018 season in the Top 25.
- Annual membership of the Boca Raton Resort & Club as long as he’s the head coach.