General G5 News
- We’re halfway through the college football offseason! Here are 10 renewed rivalries that will be played in 2018 to get you excited!
- Athlon Sports ranked all 130 projected starting QBs for the 2018 season. Where did your team end up?
- Some more news to excite you, ESPN has announced the times and dates for 35 bowl games in 2018, including the Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl.
- The American Football Coaches Association unanimously voted to support a rule change that would give transfers a year of eligibility back.
- Why are there disparities in recruiting rankings across the country? Football Study Hall takes an interesting look.
- Red and black camo endzones??? Uh...Incarnate Word, what are you thinking?
- Eastern Washington got a new vice president and director of athletics.
- Speaking of athletic directors, Southern Illinois let go of Tommy Bell and replaced him with a favorite, familiar guy.
- A sad story out of North Alabama as one of their former players has been indicted for murder.
- Another sad story, this time from Texas, as former Houston Baptist linebacker Garrett Dolan was found dead at 23 in an apartment complex courtyard.
Congratulations to Aaron Duckorth, Matt Linehan, Jordan Rose and Jacob Sannon on getting their shot to join NFL mini camps! #ProVandals pic.twitter.com/hWXkqxm1f8— Idaho Football (@VandalFootball) May 1, 2018
- Take the money and run! Former UCF offensive coordinator Troy Walters took UCF’s $300,000 bonus for winning the national championship but refused to recognize the team as “national champions.”
- With as much controversy as UCF national championship claim has caused, some have begun to wonder if they went too far.
- Did you know Navy has receivers? In fact, they just moved former QB Zach Abbey to play that position.
- After losing star receiver Courtland Sutton and head coach Chad Morris, one man remains: Ben Hicks. Just how far can he take SMU this season?
- The Ponies held a youth camp this past weekend and 400 kids showed up!
- The Daily Stampede conducted a survey about funding an on-campus stadium. Here are the results.
Former Utah receiver Raelon Singleton, who is from Crosby, will transfer to Houston. As a grad transfer he will be eligible immediately. Second-leading receiver for Utes last season.— Joseph Duarte (@Joseph_Duarte) May 9, 2018
- Seven years ago, UTSA didn’t even have a football team. Now one of their own has been drafted in the first round. Here’s how it happened.
- As amazing as that is, it was UTSA’s coaching staff’s evaluation and development that led to the monumental moment for the Roadrunners program.
- Sticking with the Roadrunners, they just picked up a former four star QB grad transfer from SMU
- ODU’s football season ticket sales have risen despite a 5-7 record in 2017. Some think it’s because Virginia Tech is scheduled to come to Norfolk next season.
- UAB just hired Alabama’s director of player personnel to their coaching staff.
- Marshall’s Tyler Brown used to scramble and pass to the open man, now he’s successfully defending the plays he once ran.
- South Alabama is getting closer to having a new, on-campus football stadium!
- Check out this cool video taking a look inside UL-Lafayette’s Student Athlete Performance Center.
- Georgia State did a great job at turning Turner Field into a beautiful football stadium, now they are looking at doing the same thing to the surrounding communities.
Georgia State announces that they will open the 2020 season vs. Murray State on Saturday, Sept. 5, in Georgia State Stadium.— FBSchedules.com (@FBSchedules) May 1, 2018
- Some happy news for Minutemen fans! Head Coach Mark Whipple has received a two year contract extension.
- Army football hasn’t been this good since the 1950s, can they keep it up for a third straight year?
- Speaking of the Cadets, some of their students came up with a plan to renovate Michie Stadium that the Academy will undertake and it looks really cool.
- Larry Rose III didn’t hear his name during the NFL Draft, but he did sign a contract with the Tennessee Titans! Here’s why everyone should take notice as he takes the next step in his career.
- Now that he finally has 10 assistant coaches, Head Coach Doug Martin hopes his contract will be restructured next.
Arizona Bowl Champs rings are in ❄️❄️❄️ pic.twitter.com/SK3InaLBM6— Cory Martin (@CoachCoryNMSU) April 27, 2018
Congratulations @T_Rogers17 for signing in the CFL with the Calgary Stampeders #AggiePround— Doug Martin (@dougmartinnmsu) May 6, 2018