- Several G5 quarterbacks landed on Sporting News’ list of top 25 quarterbacks
- Stadium is now available on Twitch 24/7. If you’ve ever wished to watch C-USA football and Fortnite streams picture-in-picture then this is your personal golden age.
- It appears Bacone College could be shutting their doors, leaving a gap in Grambling’s schedule.
- The Southwest Round-Up ranked the FBS head coaches in the state of Texas.
- The Supreme Court has cleared the way for states to allow for sports betting. The NCAA is investigating how they should react to this development.
- North Dakota State is set to move forward with the construction of an indoor practice facility.
- Low APR scores at Grambling State has led to some sanctions against the program.
- Speaking of which, Southern football is finally able to enjoy spring football practices after completing a five year sanction that prevented the Jaguars from conducting practices outside of the fall.
Sources: After 10 years, Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl is leaving St. Pete’s Tropicana Field for Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium https://t.co/rXokphvjNJ— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) May 23, 2018
- A congressman from North Carolina has exerted pressure on the NCAA in an attempt to force the organization to allow student athletes to profit off of their image.
- Here’s a list of the most underrated college football teams of all time. 1998 Tulane, anyone?
- Several G5 athletes popped up on this list of transfer players that will shake up college football in 2018.
- Liberty has moved their non-football sports from the Big South conference to the Atlantic Sun conference.
- Idaho has posted an athletics department record 3.24 combined GPA for the spring semester. Way to go, Vandals.
- Here’s an awesome story about a former Georgetown football player who walked across the stage at his graduation after being paralyzed in 2015.
- It’s the offseason so let’s rank all of the FCS conferences.
- Houston and UTSA have updated their football series after Hurricane Harvey washed out last season’s meeting.
CBS Sports, the American Athletic Conference and Navy announce a 10-year contract extension that keeps Navy home games mostly on CBS Sports Net.— Ralph D. Russo (@ralphDrussoAP) May 9, 2018
- Ohio State grad transfer quarterback Joe Burrow took a visit to Cincinnati.
- Memphis and South Florida will enjoy light schedules this fall, paving the way to double digit win totals.
- Houston’s manageable start to the season could have them enjoying a top 25 ranking if they play up to their potential.
- Love this series announcement. Florida and USF have scheduled a 2-for-1 series that brings the Gators to Tampa in 2023.
#Houston safety Deontay Anderson, a transfer from #OleMiss, has been ruled eligible to play in the 2018 season by the NCAA. The No. 1 safety in the nation in 2016 by ESPN will have 3 yrs of eligibility remaining.— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) May 10, 2018
- SMU cornerback Jordan Wyatt is on track to have a huge 2018 season.
- After struggling with a rough injury, SMU offensive lineman Matthew Huhn has announced his retirement from football.
- I’ve been surprised and fascinated by how much UCF’s championship claim has bothered the Alabama community. Here’s a timeline of the drama.
- UCF’s McKenzie Milton headlines this list of the most irreplaceable players in college football.
- Willie Fritz’s contract with Tulane has been extended through 2023. Nice move.
Ed Oliver heads into 2018 as the highest graded returning interior defender pic.twitter.com/vZBZLzeP8M— PFF College (@PFF_College) May 11, 2018
- MTSU superfan DJ Bowers received a flood of support from the Blue Raiders community after his mom passed away. DJ is a loyal reader of the site and we’d like to express our deepest condolences to him and his family.
- Could Marshall stand to profit from legalized sports gambling in West Virginia?
- Florida Atlantic is under Title IX investigation after reporting falsified scholarship totals to the Education Department.
- FAU Head Coach Lane Kiffin almost took the Arkansas head coaching job.
- Things seem to have worked out for Coach Kiffin though as he’s been awarded the keys to the city of Boca Raton.
- JUCO transfer Desean Holmes should have an immediate impact on FAU’s explosive offense.
- The Crimson Tide is loading up with C-USA opponents.
- Duke and Middle Tennessee have scheduled a future series in a battle of blue uniforms.
- UTSA is replacing a ton of high level contributors this season and the start of their schedule won’t do much to help the upcoming transition.
- The FIU Panthers will need to find some wide receivers to step up following the graduation fo stand out Thomas Ownes.
- Athlon Sports has released their 2018 pre-season All-Conference team for C-USA.
Western Kentucky adds road games at Michigan State in 2021 & Alabama in 2023— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) May 10, 2018
- Former Clemson defensive tackle Sterling Johnson has transferred to Coastal Carolina.
- REST IN PEACE NCAA FOOTBALL VIDEO GAMES. Here’s a breakdown of how the Sun Belt teams would measure out if a new iteration of the game were to release this summer.
- Georgia Southern has released a post-spring depth chart.