- A sobering discovery has surfaced, as researchers have concluded that 12 high school and college football players die each year due to playing football.
- Morgan State football player Saif Bryant has passed away in a car crash.
- As we get closer to the 2018 NFL Draft, checkout our draft profiles on the underdogs who look to prove they belong at the next level.
- Bill Connelly is now previewing the AAC. He’s not optimistic about ECU climbing back to relevance in what will be a pivotal year for Scottie Montgomery.
- On UConn, Connelly sees the Huskies as a program that’s a year or two away from being respectable.
- Houston’s starting cornerback Jeremy Winchester has left the team.
- One of the biggest takeaways from SMU’s spring game is that the Mustangs are using more run-option looks.
- Cincy is down one quarterback as Ross Trail has left the team.
- Marcus Davenport is considered a lock to go in the 1st Round of the 2018 NFL Draft, yet teams still wonder if he’s the real deal.
- The biggest observation from Middle Tennessee’s spring game? Brent Stockstill is 100 percent healthy.
- North Texas has the lowest recruiting budget among FBS teams in Texas.
- Running back Quinton Baker has left WKU.
- Former star-recruit Jovon Durante has transitioned well to FAU after transferring from West Virginia and is ready to have a big season for the Owls.
- Lane Kiffin has been hell-bent on spreading the word about why everyone should #CometothefaU.
- Marshall may have found a diamond in the rough in Stone Scarcelle.
- UTEP needs a quarterback and former star-recruit Kai Locksley may be the answer.
- In other UTEP news, renovations for the Sun Bowl are coming.
- UTSA rocked these gorgeous helmets during their spring game.
- Jared was at UTSA’s spring game and came away from the game thinking Bryce Rivers will enter fall camp as the starter at quarterback.
- Idaho might be on the verge of cutting sports in order to save money.
- North Dakota State may reduce the size of their student section.
- Justice Hansen shares his journey from being an outcast to ending up as one of the best quarterbacks entering the Sun Belt in 2018.
- Texas State completed spring camp with a competitive spring game.
- SWC Roundup’s series of Bad Beats continues with TXST getting stomped by Northwestern State.
- In a shocker, starting quarterback Dallas Davis has left South Alabama.
QB Dallas Davis leaving South Alabama program— Doug Konkel (@DougKonkel) April 12, 2018