- NCAA revenue tops $1,000,000,000 for the first time. Pay the players.
- New Mexico State continues to struggle to appropriately fund their athletics programs. The department was granted an extension on repaying debt to the university.
- Here are some in-depth thoughts from the Aggies’ open scrimmage as well as a combine update on Jaleel Scott.
- The shape and role of the slot receiver has changed through recent years.
- Heisman trophy winner Eric Crouch has joined the staff at Midland University, an NAIA program in Nebraska.
- Houston’s Duke Catalon has left the team for personal reasons, creating a void in the Cougars’ backfield.
- Shocking news here, but projected top five draft pick Ed Oliver will enter the 2019 NFL draft.
- Temple’s efforts to build an on-campus stadium continue to face harsh opposition as protesters shut down a recent town hall to discuss construction.
- East Carolina has announced a football series with Wake Forest.
- UCF National Championship license plates are nearly here. If I was a Floridian I would definitely grab one.
- Here’s a lovely throwback to Houston’s and SMU’s match up in 1982.
- Southern Miss will probably remain unpredictable in 2018.
- Here’s an interesting statistical analysis of C-USA’s 2017 season. UNT and FAU will have to beat the odds to maintain or improve on their records this season.
- UTSA’s Frank Wilson will need to continue to prove himself as a coach as the Roadrunners rebuild in 2018.
- First up for the Roadrunners is picking one of their five quarterbacks to lead the program.
- UTSA will also need to rebuild their offensive line. They have some big bodies on campus but might need to shuffle positions to get the five best lineman on the field at once.
- Seth Littrell is defying expectations by maintaining success at North Texas, a notoriously hard program to win at for unknown reasons.
- Hattiesburg, Mississippi is considering a tax increase to help bolster the Golden Eagles’ athletics programs.
- Rice defensive lineman Blain Padgett was found dead in his apartment last week. Padgett was a rising star at Rice and his tragic death comes as an absolute shock. Please keep his teammates, family, and friends in your thoughts and prayers.
- Florida Atlantic’s new 24 year old offensive coordinator Charlie Weis Jr. has been described as a “savant”. I remain skeptical.
- The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs were plagued by close losses last year. Can they turn the corner in 2018?
- A few quick updates from UNT’s spring camp.
- I really like the hire Charlotte made for their new athletic director. He has an imposing job ahead of him but he seems very capable of fixing the mess he inherits.
- Just how far can Bill Clark take UAB football?
- Maybe John Franklin III just ran the fastest 40 second yard dash of all time or maybe he didn’t but either way that dude is fast.
Missouri deputy AD Brian White named AD at Florida Atlantic— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) March 3, 2018
- The SWC Roundup shares many of the same questions we have about the Sun Belt’s mysterious new TV deal.
- Will Texas State finally show some real growth in San Marcos? It’s now or never for Everett Withers.
- Myles White of Coastal Carolina has been suspended indefinitely after being arrested for criminal sexual misconduct.