- Here’s a throwback to SMU and Rice meeting in 1973.
- Idaho grossly mishandled a sexual assault complaint against an athlete five years ago.
- Only 30 schools reached both a bowl game in football and the NCAA tournament in basketball.
- Think you know what a student athlete goes through in pursuit of their degree? This essay spells it all out.
- NMSU Head Coach Doug Martin has turned to Twitter to voice complaints about his program lacking resources to hire a full coaching staff of 10 on-field coaches.
- Eastern Michigan is dropping four scholarship sports, perhaps an omen for the future of college athletics as TV revenues drop while cost of attendance rises.
- South Dakota State head coach John Stiegelmeier has plead no contest to a January DUI arrest.
- While we don’t have data for the G5, graduation rates for black athletes is increasing at the Power Five level.
- It’s time for G5 conferences to start producing their own streaming video content. While the upfront cost is significant, the long term payoff for athletics programs would be a monumental shift.
- Houston’s key objectives for spring ball will be replacing their wide receiver standouts and finding a quarterback to complement D’Eriq King.
- Athletic Director Jeff Compher is out at ECU after battling poor on-field performance and disgruntled fans for years.
- Sonny Dykes has a lot of work on his plate as SMU kicks off spring football.
- Tough blow to Temple’s dreams of an on-campus stadium after the Philadelphia City Council President announced that he would not support the university’s current plans.
- UCF’s undefeated season was worth an estimated $200 million in exposure for the university.
Louisville, UCF add home/home series; 2021 at UL, 2022 at UCF— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) March 19, 2018
- UTSA Head Coach Frank Wilson is not pleased with the performance of his quarterbacks this spring as he looks for a new starter to replace Dalton Sturm.
- Greg Campbell Jr. is moving into a leadership role at the wide receiver position for UTSA.
- Spoiler alert: FAU leads the Conference USA power rankings heading into the 2018 season.
- UNT Head Coach Seth Littrell joined The Solid Verbal podcast to talk about coaching the Air Raid offense.
- North Texas is looking into revising both Seth Littrell’s and Wren Baker’s contracts after the duo brought early success to UNT.
- Conference USA’s TV revenue payouts have increased from $200,000 to $400,000 following their latest contract renegotiation.
- Charlotte is moving to a pro-style offense which probably isn’t the best fit for their most talented player Hasaan Klugh. I don’t understand either.
- Old Dominion WR Jonathan Duhart is back from an ugly injury and is ready to help guide ODU to a bowl game.