The Sun Belt schedules are officially out and it’s time to breakdown each schedule here at Underdog Dynasty.
Over in Jonesboro, Blake Anderson is back for his fifth season and defending offensive player of the year Justice Hansen is the best quarterback in the league. The Red Wolves are loaded on offense and have the talent to make 2018 special. Now that the schedule is out, we’ll see if they have a legit shot to make this fall a special season.
- Under Anderson, Arkansas State has yet to beat a Power Five school and that is not happening this year. In week two, the Red Wolves head to Tuscaloosa to take on Alabama. This could be the only game this program is an underdog in all season.
- Much unlike the last few seasons, Arkansas State should enter conference play with a winning record as they’ll be favored to knock of both Tulsa and UNLV. Wins there will put the Red Wolves in a position to record double-digit victories. They haven’t won more than eight games in a regular season under Anderson.
- In the Sun Belt opener, Arkansas State will be taking a trip to Statesboro to take on Georgia Southern. Due to the construction of the divisions, this is going to happen and that is a tricky spot to have to play in consecutive years.
- All eyes will be on Jonesboro in October as the Red Wolves will host both Appalachian State and Georgia State in consecutive mid-week games.
- It appears to be a very favorable November slate for Arkansas State as they get three home games and very winnable road trips to Coastal Carolina and Texas State. The Red Wolves, if everything goes to plan, will enter the conference championship game with some solid momentum.
Drop in the comments and let us know what you think about Arkansas State’s 2018 slate.