- Here are five under-the-radar story lines to follow through New Mexico State’s spring practices.
- The Aggies are focusing on finding leadership and consistency this spring in order to build off their bowl season in 2017.
- It’s a five-man race to replace Tyler Rogers at NMSU but there’s one clear front runner leading the way.
- Some programs are already starting their spring practices. This may seem strange but there are a few good reasons as to why.
- If UCF quarterback McKenzie Milton decides to play in the CFL he’ll be doing so with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats after they claimed the rights to negotiate with him.
- Ben Hicks is, in my humble opinion, one of the most underrated players in the league. This stats back up this claim.
- Rice will be under new leadership this season but will they be able to reach their goals of becoming the Stanford of the G5?
- The Owls’ success on offense will mostly be predicated on finding a serviceable quarterback. This should be their main objective for spring football.
- Steve Spurrier Jr. is leaving the Hilltop after just one season.
Allenzae Staggers feasted in the slot last year pic.twitter.com/fpAtLhAtx1— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) February 25, 2018
- Tragic news out of Huntington after redshirt freshman Larry Aaron lost his life due to injuries sustained during a shooting at a New Year’s Eve party. Our hearts go out to Larry’s family, teammates, and other loved ones.
- Butch Davis has the FIU rebuild progressing ahead of schedule. A top recruiting class will only accelerate their growth.
- Charlotte’s AD search is down to two finalists. Both look to be good choices.
- Don’t be surprised if Old Dominion bounces back in a major way this season.
- Most Old Dominion fans I’ve met feel that ODU is out of place in Conference USA. While that may be true, their alternatives are either unattractive or far-fetched.
Thomas Owens, the nation's leader in yards per route run a season ago pic.twitter.com/qT9FkDHdGi— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) February 24, 2018
- Troy dropped their scheduled game with Presbyterian after the Blue Hose dropped down to a non-scholarship division. The Trojans will be hosting Florida A&M this season instead.
- Troy and Georgia State have both announced future games against South Carolina.
- Texas State has added games against Nicholls State and Houston Baptist to their future schedule.
- Bobcat center Aaron Brewer is an under-the-radar standout for TXST’s offensive line.
Mississippi State has hired former South Alabama head football coach Joey Jones to fill the special teams coordinator position.— Steve Robertson (@ScoutSteveR) February 22, 2018