- Don’t miss out on ANY of our signing day coverage for ALL your favorite G5 football teams!
- Looking for someone to root for during the Olympics? Look no further than former Rice running back and viral sensation Sam McGuffie.
- SB Nation ranked all the recruiting classes for 2nd year head coaches and explains why patience is important in a new job.
- 247Sports created superlatives for each G5 conference’s recruiting class that’s worth a read.
- Sports Illustrated did an awesome profile on four star QB Brevin White and why he chose Princeton over Alabama.
- UNM head coach Bob Davie got suspended for doing bad things in Albuquerque.
- AAC schedules are here! Here’s a look at the Temple Owls’ 2018 schedule, which includes some old rivals.
- SMU’s schedule looks to be tough to UDD’s Nick Armstrong, who predicts they will limp to the finish in 2018.
- On the flip side, Houston’s schedule is tough but looks pretty favorable in the eyes of Joey Broback.
- The same goes for the Memphis Tigers.
- Navy, meanwhile, will travel more than every team except Hawaii next year.
- The American can cement it’s “P6” movement in 2018 with wins in these 15 P5 match-ups.
- USF DB Craig Watts decided not to transfer and will return to play for the Bulls next year.
- Here’s our rundown of Houston’s 2018 recruiting class.
- Memphis touched up their 2018 class last week, signing nine more prospects.
- Cincinnati, meanwhile, brought in the highest rated recruit in the conference.
- Our own Jonathan Willis sat down with Tennesse State’s Ebenezer Ogundeko and Villanova’s Malik Reaves as they get ready for the NFL Draft.
- UTSA’s student body overwhelmingly rejected an increased athletics fee due to increasing student debt and poor marketing by the university.
- Despite missing the 2017 due to blood clots in his arms, the NCAA denied FAU QB De’Andre Johnson a medical redshirt.
- SWC Roundup wrote up a nice profile on 2018 Rice commit Parker Towns, who will play quarterback for the Owls.
- They did another piece on 2018 UTSA QB commit Cordale Grundy
- Speaking of UTSA, they lost a defensive line coach to the NFL (it’s coaching poaching season, folks). They later named David Turner as the replacement.
- High touted Grad Transfer QB Alex Thomson chose Marshall over Tennessee and Baylor. Oh, and he’s got NFL level talent! Could he be the next great Marshall QB?
- There is a hot debate among students and fans at UNC-Charlotte on whether they should drop the “UNC” name or not.
- In other UNC-Charlotte news (or just Charlotte news), they found their new defensive coordinator.
- Mean Green Fans, here’s your RB outlook for the 2018 season. Will the loss of Wilson be a killer?
- Jaleel Scott will be representing New Mexico State at the 2018 NFL Combine!
Congrats to @J__Scott16 for the invite to the @NFLCombine!! Time to show the @NFL what Aggie Nation knows you can do!! https://t.co/U5kmRDZOmo #AggieUp #MakeAPlay— NM State Football (@NMStateFootball) February 6, 2018
- In other news NMSU has had to defend the signing of DB Ray Buford, after an incident he was allegedly involved in while playing for the University of Minnesota.
- On a lighter note, the Aggies had the fourth highest home attendence average increase in the nation last season! A change of 8,694 people!
Congrats to @dougmartinnmsu and @NMStateFootball for having the 4th largest home attendance average increase this past season! Building something special in Las Cruces! pic.twitter.com/vlyZr66Zx5— Brian Lainhart (@CoachLainhart) February 11, 2018
- Arkansas State may sue Miami if they don’t pay for the cancelled 2017 matchup.
- Bill Connelly is previewing every FBS teams for the 2018 season. Here’s his preview for UL-Lafayette, a team that he thinks is close to a breakthrough.
- He also thinks Coastal Carolina will get back on track with Joe Moglia back.
- Here’s how the S&P+ says the Sun Belt will shake out this year.
- Coaching Poaching season didn’t spare the Georgia State Panthers, who lost a coach to the NFL.
- Appalachian State is one of the first football teams to start practicing again. They’re already two weeks into spring football!
- Another SWC Roundup QB recruit profile, this time on Texas State’s Tyler Vitt.
- Speaking of Texas State...
Excited to introduce Kyle Hoke (@KHOKE23) to our coaching staff! #EatEmUpCats pic.twitter.com/kv3dMFUVzG— TXSTATEFOOTBALL (@TXSTATEFOOTBALL) February 12, 2018
Excited to introduce Zack Lucas (@zlucas33) as our new DFO! #EatEmUpCats pic.twitter.com/ybpQdvHEby— TXSTATEFOOTBALL (@TXSTATEFOOTBALL) February 12, 2018