- Texas State Director of Football Operations John Streicher has recently left the program to join the staff of the Tennessee Titans. His departure to Nashville coincides with new Titans head coach Mike Vrabel’s hire and reevaluation of the previous regime’s assistants and staff.
- Streicher spent the past two years at Texas State following Bobcat head coach Everett Withers hire and worked with Withers at James Madison spending one year as a special assistant to the head coach and his last as Director of Football Operations.
- No replacements have been named but stay tuned to Underdog Dynasty for any reports.
- Speaking of Coach Withers, his son and recently signed commit Pierce Withers gave an interview to Spectrum News in Austin. You can watch the interview here.
- Texas State gained two commits in the past few days. The current recruitment trail know as #TheProwl8 has Bobcat coaches combing through recruits all over the country before February 7th when National Signing Day arrives. The Bobcats have already signed 18 commits during the early signing period last December and have an additional two verbal commits previously.
I’ve came to my decision that I will continue my education and football career at Texas State University #TXSTATE pic.twitter.com/4ymQ2Q7ttH— !! NICO TIME !! (@nico_ezidore) January 23, 2018
The 280 Lbs defensive tackle from Naaman Forest in Garland, TX held multiple offers from UTSA and Tulsa and had even verbally committed to Houston.
I'm COMMITTED! #Prowl18 #EatEmUpCats@SkysTheLimitWR @FlightSkillz @MarcG14Line @KSATRJ @BoRobinson5 @Narro88 @Footdoctor_Mata @OK3Sports @jakeberry365 pic.twitter.com/o7XgxDi4rA— Isaac Pope (@valleyboipope) January 21, 2018
- This two-star wide receiver/safety comes to San Marcos as an athlete to help bolster the defense.
- Former Texas State defensive tackle commit Nathalohn Nanai has commited to Northwestern State.
- In rivalry news financial online newspaper Business Insider had it’s readers name the ugliest buildings in each state and for Texas the Alamodome in San Antonio was given that honor. One reader even described it as looking like a, “dead armadillo”.
- The former temporary home of the New Orleans Saints will play host to the 2018 edition of the HEB I-35 Showdown between Texas State and UTSA. That story can be read here.