General G5 Football
- The trash talk leading up to the I-35 Showdown between UTSA and TXST was crude but fairly entertaining.
- Never too early to start linking G5 coaches to the likely soon-to-be-vacant Nebraska job, right?
- Cool article on one of the most underrated rivalries in college football.
The biggest D3 crowd (by double) showed up today in Minneapolis to watch rival Tommies and Johnnies play at Target Field, 37,355: https://t.co/zpkArZzfqC— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) September 24, 2017
- Congrats to UCF and New Mexico State on making SB Nation’s top ten teams of the week.
- Be sure to read our weekly FCS round up so you can impress your college football hipster friends with your FCS knowledge.
- UCF has added Austin Peay to their 2017 football schedule.
- Despite a decent start to the season from Logan Marchi, Temple’s quarterback position appears to be an open competition again.
- Here are three things we learned from C-USA this week. UAB is a tough out, LA Tech is on the edge of greatness, and Brad Lambert needs to pack his bags.
- Louisiana Tech’s Teddy Veal is starting to come into his own after moving to the slot position.
- UTSA’s Shaq Williams has emerged as a receiving threat for the Roadrunners.
- Get to know ODU’s new starting quarterback, the 17-year-old Steven Williams.
- Marshall’s Trey Rodriguez has left the Herd’s program after losing his starting job. It’s certainly been a rocky collegiate career for the former FAU Owl.
A skirmish broke out last night following North Texas victory over UAB. It lasted about 2 minutes. pic.twitter.com/vdftI7pcW2— Jordan James (@JordanJamesTV) September 25, 2017
- UTEP’s student news paper literally can’t even with Sean Kugler.
- UTSA’s defense will likely end up as the best in the program’s short history.
- The 2013 UNT squad received their Heart of Dallas bowl rings during the Mean Green’s game against UAB last week.
- As the wheels continue to fall off in El Paso Sean Kugler has moved to playing his freshman quarterback.
- Here’s how Western Kentucky measures in statistical categories. It’s clear the program is starkly changing under Sanford Jr.
- WKU beat Ball State 33-21 on Saturday. The Towel Rack handed out grades for the performance.
- Brad Lambert has promoted Charlotte’s offensive line coach to handle play-calling duties. Jeff Mullen will move to coach the quarterbacks. Writing on the wall, and all that.
- Conference USA has some great names. Here’s an all-conference team selected solely by name.
- UTEP is no longer the worst team in Conference USA! They’re still absolutely awful!
- Doug Martin is set to receive a much-deserved contract extension from New Mexico State.
- Speaking of NMSU, is it too early to call them a legitimate Sun Belt contender? No, no it is not.
- Louisiana-Lafayette is allowing 53.8 points per game.. YIKES.
- South Alabama offensive coordinator Bryant Vincent has been let go. No succession plan has been announced at this time.
- The ULM rebuild finally has a solid building block to work off of after the Warhawks knocked off an in-state rival in overtime.
The tribute jerseys for the 30th anniversary of the 87 national champs are out at ULM presser day. pic.twitter.com/XAfspnTvHW— Adam Hunsucker (@Adam_Hunsucker) September 25, 2017