Scott Satterfield (Appalachian State)
- Satterfield reported that the Mountaineers are in “good shape” injury wise going into this week’s game at Texas State.
Blake Anderson (Arkansas State)
- In their surprise open week, the Red Wolves worked on fundamentals and just getting better.
- Anderson states the program is used to being on a weird schedule due to playing games on random weeknights in the past.
Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)
- Chadwell stated it’s unusual to have a bye in week two so the Chants treated it like a regular game week.
- UAB presents a different challenge this week as they’re more “athletic than UMass” and their defense has “interchangeable pieces”.
Tyson Summers (Georgia Southern)
- Summers is disappointed as the Eagles “didn’t play very well” against New Hampshire.
- Georgia Southern will used the bye week to get better in all three phases.
Shawn Elliott (Georgia State)
- In the bye week, Elliott and the Panthers “worked on the fundamentals” as it was used as a continuation of fall camp.
- Elliott believes Penn State running back Saquon Barkley will be very tough to handle.
Paul Petrino (Idaho)
- Petrino states the Vandals “didn’t play as well as expected” against UNLV>
Mark Hudspeth (UL-Lafayette)
- Hudsepth believes the program has made “some progress in some areas” but there is still a lot of improvement needed.
- Hudspeth believes quarterback Jordan Davis “played extremely well” against Tulsa.
Doug Martin (New Mexico State)
- Last week was a big win but Martin believes the Aggies “didn’t finish well”.
- The win over New Mexico was a “stepping stone” as it was a close win on the road this program desperately needed.
- Martin believes the Aggies are “playing much better on defense”.
Joey Jones (South Alabama)
- Jones believes his team was completely outmatched against Oklahoma State.
- The Jags offensive line was dominated by the Oklahoma State front seven.
- Jones states Cole Garvin’s ankle “doesn’t look great” and if he can’t practice Dallas Davis will get the start against Alabama A&M.
Neal Brown (Troy)
- Brown states the Trojans “took care of business” against Alabama State.
- Brown was very proud of the fan support and believes a lot of the buzz is due to the students showing out at games. Brown believes they have one of the best Group of Five home atmospheres.
- Brown states New Mexico State defensive coordinator Frank Spaziani does a good job “causing havoc upfront”.
Everett Withers (Texas State)
- Withers believed Texas State played well on the ground as they established the run against Colorado and stopped the run.
- Withers likes what his defense did in the redzone but their offense “didn’t take advantage of scoring opportunities”.
- Withers attributed part of the struggles for grad transfer quarterback Damian Williams to missing part of training camp. Withers believes his “timing is lacking” but that will come with more practice.
Matt Viator (ULM)
- Viator wants the people effected by Hurricane Irma to know “thoughts and prayers” are with them.
- Viator states last week wasn’t a bye at all because ULM got all their preparation in for Florida State. The game was canceled too late to make any changes.