In case you missed it, construction has begun in the south end zone at Apogee Stadium with new suites quietly being constructed in time for the home opener on Sept 2.
As reported by the Denton Record-Chronicle, four suites will be going into the space, allowing some great seats for a few lucky boosters. They join the suites already located below the press box, and in the HUB club, the exclusive restaurant and bar with private outdoor seating.
In Other News
- WR O’Keeron Rutherford continues to have trouble with injuries coming out of practice again on Wednesday, after having missed a lot of time since last fall.
- Coach Seth Littrell talked with Brett Vito of the DRC this week about how the team was doing, offering some updates and insights into their status over these first few days of camp. You can watch it here:
- Sophomore QB Mason Fine and new addition Quinn Shanbour continue to duke it out in practice. Both are doing well, but most signs still point to Fine returning as starter. Fine completed a 30-yard pass for a touchdown to TE Caleb Chumley on Wednesday, per the Denton Record-Chronicle, along with TD passes to Michael Lawrence for 15 and 5 yards.
- DB Kway Hill returned to practice on Thursday, per the Denton Record-Chronicle. Hill played in nine games last season, with two tackles on special teams.
- UNT is allowing the media to shoot some highlights of practice this year. You can watch some clips of Thursday’s practice here, also c/o the folks at the DRC:
- Thursday saw the release of the Amway Coaches Poll. UNT coach Seth Littrell is a voter this year, and two of UNT’s 2017 opponents received votes in the poll. Louisiana Tech received four votes, and Army received one.
- Alternatively, here’s the official hype video from Day 4 of camp, in case you have headphones in: