Camps have begun and news is coming in fast as the season is quickly approaching. Here’s the stuff you need to know about the G5.
Please hop in our comments section if we missed anything.
- CBS Sports Network has become a go-to station for G5 fans and they’ve announced their programming schedule for this fall. There are even some new announcing teams that will be calling games.
- On August 1st, all programs were officially allowed to send out official offers to 2018 prospects. East Carolina easily had the best offer letters. Well done, Scottie Montgomery.
- Expectations are high for new Tulane QB Jonathan Banks and he’s been waiting for this moment for a long time.
- Temple announces a home-and-home series with Miami. The former Big East foes will meet in Miami in 2020 and in Philadelphia in 2023.
- UTSA announces the additions of some JUCO linemen. This should help with depth on both sides of the line of scrimmage.
- The good guys at SWC Round-Up have released a Rice season preview as well as a UTEP preview. David Bailiff and Sean Kugler both need some wins this fall.
- Idaho and UNLV have a kickoff time change.
- The newest Sun Belt pod is out as we discuss the Joe Moglia news, future of the West division, and recruiting.
- Texas State has a new secondary logo and I approve.
- Appalachian State is moving a punter to center. This is not fake news.
- There’s a lot of positive energy in Monroe as ULM opens camp.
- Everett Withers announces that Texas State will be without many key players as camp opens.
- The Battle of I-25 will be taking place under the lights in Albuquerque.
- The turf is officially down at Georgia State Stadium.