- Our hearts go out to the friends, family, and teammates of Stetson linebacker Nick Blakely. The young athlete passed away yesterday after collapsing at practice.
- This week’s FCS top ten match up between Richmond and SHSU has been moved to Baylor’s McLane Stadium on Friday to avoid flooding from Hurricane Harvey. We will have a full preview up for this game soon.
- Houston, Texas is stricken with catastrophic flooding right now and the Cougars have been affected as well. Their football meeting room has suffered water damage however all of their family members have been confirmed to be in good health.
- UCF is still trying to settle on a backup quarterback.
- While Rice quarterback Sam Glaesmann didn’t have a ton of success in his first start there were still positives to take away.
- FAU’s wide receiver unit is full of unknowns but it’s a safe bet that freshman Willie Wright will play a major factor.
- North Texas has unveiled an ambitious strategic plan to vastly improve their athletic programs. You can read all about it here.
- UTSA Head Coach Frank Wilson is a Katrina survivor. He can fully sympathize with what the Roadrunners’ week one opponent is going through in Houston.
- Marshall tight end Ryan Yurachek is helping lead a drive to raise disaster relief funds for folks stricken by the flooding in Texas.
- Here’s an update on how Rice is responding to the flooding in Houston. The Owls are practicing at TCU this week.
- Coastal Carolina has signed scheduling agreements with several schools, adding nine games to their future football schedule.
- Here are the main takeaways from yesterday’s Sun Belt media teleconference.
- Our Sun Belt staff got together to list out their predictions for this season.
- A surprise contender has entered the top five of our Sun Belt power rankings...
- Awful news out of Jonesboro as Red Wolves Head Coach Blake Anderson’s wife is battling cancer. We wish her strength and a prompt return to full health.
- Take a listen to our interview with Joe Chasion, Coastal Carolina’s radio voice.