The Sun Belt officially released their schedules for the 2018 and 2019 football season today and those slates can be seen here. Dates haven’t been determined, but fans and programs will finally see who they’ll be playing as the Fun Belt switches to a division structure starting in 2018.
The East (Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Troy) and the West (Arkansas State, UL-Lafayette, South Alabama, Texas State, ULM) will each play four games in their division each fall. Meanwhile, the other four games of the eight game schedule will come against the other division. Therefore, each team will play everyone in the league except one each year. The South Alabama-Troy series is currently the only one that will be played each season.
Here is which team each program will not have on the schedule in 2018 and 2019.
- Appalachian State avoids ULM
- Coastal Carolina avoids Texas State
- Georgia Southern avoids UL-Lafayette
- Georgia State avoids South Alabama
- Troy avoids Arkansas State
- Appalachian State avoids Arkansas State
- Coastal Carolina avoids South Alabama
- Georgia Southern avoids Texas State
- Georgia State avoids UL-Lafayette
- Troy avoids ULM
The first ever Fun Belt championship game will be here soon.