General G5 Football
- Athlon Sports has released their FCS preseason top 25. North Dakota State and James Madison come in at first and second place, respectively.
- SMU, UTSA, and Coastal Carolina are the Underdog representatives on Bleacher Report’s list of the teams that might be biggest surprises of 2017.
- Many of the best backfields in the country reside among the Underdog ranks.
- The graduate transfer rule has become one of the most student athlete-friendly developments in the NCAA so of course they’re looking to tweak the rule.
- Our staff debated the best G5 head coaching jobs in Louisiana. The overwhelming majority of our readers voted for Louisiana Tech.
- Congratulations to Navy, they’re one of the fanbases most appreciative of their head coach.
- The Midshipmen are however losing arguably their best player as safety Alohi Gilman has decided to transfer out of the Academy.
- Houston has added two intriguing out-of-conference games to their future schedules.
- Let’s be real — SMU legend Eric Dickerson belongs in the College Football Hall of Fame.
- Here are our guesses on how each C-USA West team will perform relative to Vegas’ expectations. We also did the same for each school in the East.
- Conference USA has released their initial TV schedule. C-USA fans will become very familiar with the new Stadium network.
- UTSA has been one of the clear losers in this year’s release of the C-USA TV schedule. Despite reaching their first bowl game in 2016 and being a dark horse candidate to win the Western division of the conference the Roadrunners will be hard to find on TV this fall.
- A pair of JUCO defensive linemen who were set to join UNT’s roster failed to qualify academically.
- Get to know the five best running backs of all time for the Mean Green.
- UNT has also announced a two game series with Houston.
- It’s clear Middle Tennessee quarterback Brent Stockstill will follow in his dad’s footsteps to a successful coaching career. With Tony Franklin on vacation for his daughter’s wedding Brent stepped in to call plays for the Blue Raiders this spring.
- Former Marshall linebacker Andre O’Neal is carving out a new career on stage.
- If the Thundering Herd are to get back on track this season it will likely be thanks to C.J. Reavis’ play and leadership.
- Louisiana Tech’s 2018 game against LSU has moved dates.
- We gave our thoughts on each Sun Belt West team’s win totals vs Vegas predictions... as well as for the Eastern division.
- Troy landed a big win on the recruiting trail after securing the commitment of a local three-star defensive tackle.
- Georgia State has revealed the official logo for Georgia State Stadium.