General G5 Football
- If you ask me, 2007 was the best year of college football. There were several major upsets every week and the G5 made their presence felt all season long. Eleven Warriors released an awesome retrospective of that magical season as we approach its ten year anniversary.
- Several G5 schools pop up on Yahoo’s list of the top 20 non-conference college football games for the 2017 season.
- Athlon ranked all 130 head coaches in college football.
- Strap in and get ready for a long year of debate. The NCAA will pursue transfer rule changes next summer.
- Navy racked up a ton of accolades through last season. Here’s a break down of all of the recognition the team received.
- Are the SMU Mustangs TCU’s REAL rival? ::thinking_face_emoji:: ::hot_take_siren::
- Cyrus and Jared discussed our recent C-USA position rankings in episode two of our newly-christened Underdog Pawdcast.
- Conference USA released their media guide yesterday and we noticed that WKU prefers not to be referred to by their official name “Western Kentucky”. HUH. Our tweet on the media request struck a chord with national writers who offered various opinions, most of which said that they will continue to use the full name of the university in their writing. Our buddy Jason Kirk of SB Nation did a deep dive into the history of Big Red and found that Big Red is a gender non-conforming mute. We appreciate and embrace Big Red’s alternative lifestyle.
- Here’s a break down of WKU’s incoming signing class. The Hilltoppers’ class is highlighted by the #4 JUCO TE.
- UTSA looks to be ready to claim the best win-loss record in program history in their 2017 season.
- This USA Today article does a beautiful job at tracking UAB football’s progress since the program’s temporary cancellation.
- Here’s video footage of the fight that allegedly landed FAU star receiver Kalib Woods in legal trouble. FAU has banned him from campus as litigation is on-going.
- The UAB Blazers have added a talented FCS graduate transfer to their receiving corps.
- We have wrapped up our Sun Belt position rankings series. Here are Adam’s final thoughts on the series after tallying all the rankings.
- The Georgia State panthers enjoyed a big infusion of talent this week.
- If the Texas State Bobcats were to rebrand what would you name them as? Vidal had a little fun with a few potential options.
- Former ULM AD Brian Wickstrom leaves behind a complicated legacy in Monroe.