General G5 Football
- Satellite camp season is set to begin soon. Here’s a look at the recent rule changes and how coaches are receiving them.
- College football’s biggest overachieving coach? Ken Niumatalolo. Most underachieving? Charlie Partridge.
- KSU head coach Bill Snyder is in hot water after refusing to release a player to transfer from 35 potential schools including several underdogs. Such harsh decisions really impede G5 and FCS programs’ ability to compete.
- Will the Houston Cougars be better or worse in 2017? Well, it’s complicated...
- Our USF buddies at The Daily Stampede profiled tight end Elkanah Dillon.
- Two Temple players have been nominated to pre-season award watch lists.
- SMU wide receiver Courtland Sutton is already topping 2018 draft boards.
- Navy Head Coach Ken Niumatalolo has announced some shuffling among his staff.
- Honorable mention all-conference safety Alohi Gilman has declared his intention to transfer away from Navy, a big blow to the Midshipmen.
- Six WKU players have been indicted for their role in a recent bizarre frat house assault. Head coach Mike Sanford Jr. has suspended all six players.
- ODU, Rice, and UTEP boast the best offensive lines in the conference.
- Get to know the man behind arguably the best offensive line in C-USA in ODU assistant coach Chris Malone.
- Lane Kiffin thinks he found a coaching stud in defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator Eric Mathies.
- Bill Clark plans to turn UAB into a “mecca” for sports medicine. This would give the Blazers a huge competitive advantage.
- We continue our series of introducing Coastal Carolina fans to the conference with a travel guide for Statesboro, Georgia.
- App State has announced kick off times for three of their games this season.
- Here’s an excellent X’s and O’s preview of Arkansas State’s upcoming game against Miami.
- NMSU continues to build a future as an FBS independent after adding Ole Miss to their football schedule.