- Perennial FCS sacrificial lamb Savannah State will be heading to the Division II ranks shortly. While it’s sad to see the move will reduce the number of scholarship opportunities for student athletes that would like to take the HBCU route, Savannah State was in no financial position to compete at the Division I level.
- While the early signing period and 10th assistant coach has dominated the news cycle the mothership has published an explainer on the other rules set to be implemented by the NCAA.
- Several G5 and lower division players were mentioned in Bleacher Report’s list of the most underrated draft prospects at each position.
- Podcast Ain’t Played Nobody did an extensive AAC preview episode. They also talked some C-USA, Sun Belt, and MWC.
- Obi Melifonwu of UConn could be drafted as early as the first or second round.
- Tulane’s Tanzel Smart needs to prove to NFL teams that he can play larger than he stands. His athleticism should land him a mid-round selection in the draft.
- Bill Connelly has released his season preview for UConn. Can Randy Edsall recreate his previous success with the Huskies?
- South Carolina has canceled their 2019 game with ECU.
- Three men were arrested at FAU Stadium for “hanging out and drinking beer” to which I will respond— “an injustice anywhere is an injustice, anywhere”.
- Here are five burning questions for USM as they head into the end of their spring ball session. No surprise that the QB position is a big question mark following Nick Mullens’ graduation.
- MTSU will be receiving a massive pay day when they travel to play Georgia in 2018.
- Texas State Head Coach Everett Withers’ post-spring game comments continue to make waves across the nation as several outlets picked up on the story. Our Texas State beat writer responded to the controversy in this piece.
- Do-it-all punter/kicker Austin Rehkow will seek to have his named called in the NFL draft after enjoying a highly successful career at Idaho.
- 6’6” offensive tackle Antonio Garcia was a force on Troy’s offensive line last year but he’ll need to prove that he can handle the step up in competition at the NFL level.
- Georgia Southern could be seeing a boost in enrollment if their merger with Armstrong State goes through.