- The NCAA’s approval of an early signing day is great for G5 football.
- The mothership explains how the new signing day will change how we follow recruiting.
- Kyle Allen didn’t look great in Houston’s spring game but that’s not bothering Major Applewhite as he aims to keep the Cougars nationally relevant.
- Cincinnati’s defense looked legit in their spring game debut under Luke Fickell.
- USF’s spring game was also a defensive battle in Charlie Strong’s debut.
- USF received a $1 million donation to upgrade facilities.
- UTSA will be a much deeper team in 2017 and it’s because of their depth on the line of scrimmage.
- UTEP finished their spring game on a positive note thanks to improved quarterback play and escaping with no more major injuries.
- FAU will have their spring game this Saturday and De’Andre Johnson already looks like the real deal.
- Linebacker Haiden Nagel is one of the rare FAU players who has been around since the Carl Pelini era and is optimistic at where the program is headed under Lane Kiffin.
- Ben Holt continues the Holt legacy in Bowling Green and looks to be a key contributor for Western Kentucky this fall.
- Aaron Jones left but the Jones legacy continues at UTEP as Alvin Jones should have a breakout 2017 season.
- Rick Stockstill has dismissed the players involved in the animal cruelty scandal.
- Orlando Sentinel has started their traditional college football countdown series and UAB starts the series at 130.
- Troy showcased a stacked backfield during their T-Day.
- Texas State has found their quarterback as Damian Williams shined in the annual Maroon & Gold game.
- Wiliiams’ play should have been the focal point of the game but instead Everett Withers’ comments about his dislike for last year’s seniors stole the show.
- Georgia State had the most physical spring game over the weekend as Shawn Elliot looks to establish toughness heading into 2017.