Around the Dog Park is our daily round up of G5 football news around the internet. Feel free to submit any news we may have missed in the comments section.
G5 Football News
- The current NCAA transfer rules as we know it could have changed if the court decided to rule in favor of former Northern Illinois punter Peter Deppe.
- Ed Oliver isn’t exactly missing Tom Herman and the previous coaching staff this spring.
- The Daily Stampede believes the eighth best play in 2016 was a defensive stand against SMU.
- We chatted with Dane Evans about his pro day and his time at Tulsa.
- Ryan Metz is entering spring practice as the starting quarterback for UTEP. The Miners have started at least two different quarterbacks in the past three seasons either due to injury or ineffectiveness.
- One of the things to watch for at La Tech this spring is whether or not J’Mar Smith can juggle playing baseball and football.
- PAPN talks C-USA (54 minute mark). They mainly discuss whether or not Butch and FIU will end up being the better team between Kiffin and FAU in 2017. They also talk UTSA and North Texas 2016 improvement.
- Bill Connelly previews the Roadrunners and S&P+ projects SEVEN WINS this season. Hard to believe that two years ago UTSA was one of the worst teams in the FBS.
- Connelly’s Middle Tennessee preview is also out and he ponders whether the Blue Raiders and Rick Stockstill will finally get over the hump.
- Apparently recruits from Dallas don’t enjoy San Marcos.
- Javante O’Roy tells us his goals for his pro day and how he became a Bobcat.