Around the Dog Park is our daily round up of G5 football news around the internet. Feel free to submit any news we may have missed in the comments section.
General G5 Football
- Our uniform March Madness bracket reaches the final four. Come get your votes in before we reach the championship round.
- Several G5 schools wound up on SB Nation’s Weirdest Road Trips of 2017 article.
- SMU is molding their program culture around Clemson. Not the worst program to imitate.
- Randy Edsall is attempting to solidify his Uconn roster this spring.
- ECU’s passing offense should show some sparks in 2017 behind the arm of Gardner Minshew.
- Here’s a breakdown of Houston’s pro day. Greg Ward was clocked at 4.58 seconds in the 40 yard dash.
- David Bailiff and Sean Kugler are on the hot seat. SWC Round-up takes a look at where the two stand among Texas head coaches.
- The starting quarterback position at Louisiana Tech is J’mar Smith’s to lose. He has the potential to be a three-year starter for the Bulldogs.
- UTEP has added a graduate transfer from Wake Forest in the hopes of helping their pass rush.
- Here’s a quick preview of Arkansas State’s defense heading into spring football.
- Appalachian State has already wrapped up their spring football period. It sounds like it was a successful one for the Mountaineers.
- Kudos to the Texas State athletics department for participating in a Reddit AMA. Our TXST beat writer broke down the Q&A and added some analysis.