Around the Dog Park is our daily round up of G5 football news around the internet. Feel free to submit any news we may have missed in the comments section.
General G5 Football
- Here’s some analysis on who out-recruited who with UCF really separating itself from their peers.
- We’ve reached the time of the year where position coaches are leaving left and right after telling kids they were there for the long haul.
- Spring practice at Tulsa begins in a few weeks.
- A nice season in review article on one of the most underrated players in the AAC, Kevin Mouhon.
- We will have our analysis on the schedule throughout the day. Conference games early in the season is a first.
- Old Dominion has released the time and date for their spring game.
- We always hear stories of teams losing money during bowl season but Old Dominion actually made a nice profit in their first bowl trip.
- La Tech loses their running backs coach to LSU.
- North Texas has lost their defensive coordinator.
- New Mexico State is the next team up in Bill Connelly’s college football countdown in a due or die year for Dog Martin. Excerpt from the preview is below.
“With no contract for 2018, the time is quite obviously now for Martin at NMSU, and while S&P+ is not optimistic -- let's just say recent history matters significantly in S&P+ projections, and there's not a lot to go by -- the combination of returning production, health, and JUCO infusion could pay off.
If it does, and NMSU is closer to a No. 100 team than a No. 125 team, wins are there for the taking.”
Back in the Dog Days
We thought we’d start this new feature with one of the biggest upsets in sports history. Enjoy underdogs.