Around the Dog Park is our daily round up of G5 football news around the internet. Feel free to submit any news we may have missed in the comments section.
General G5 Football
- Ed Oliver is the top returning defensive lineman in college football according to Campus Insiders.
- High school football coaches open up about how they would like to see the college football recruiting process evolve.
- UNT and SMU have officially agreed to extend their football series through 2021.
- The Daily Stampede continues their series on USF’s best plays of 2016. The latest nominee? Willie Taggart running the score up on UCF. Sunglasses emoji.
- Charlie Strong can be very successful at USF if the offense is good enough to keep the team afloat as Strong rebuilds the defense. My money is on “yes”.
- Tulsa kicks off spring football today. Their spring game will fall on April 8.
- We send our condolences to the Western Kentucky family following the loss of former assistant and Bowling Green legend Lawrence “Butch” Gilbert.
- UTSA’s Dalton Sturm was elite for six games last season and strictly average in the other six. Which guy shows up next year?
- SB Nation’s Bill Connelly previews the Rice Owls heading into the 2017 season.
- Conference USA is set to begin negotiations on a new TV contract. It will be hard for them to do worse than the last contract that they signed. C-USA will seek to extend their relationship with beIN sports. We’re big fans of beIN here at Underdog Dynasty and hope to see the partnership continue.