Around the Dog Park is our daily round up of G5 football news around the internet. Feel free to submit any news we may have missed in the comments section.
General G5 Football
- 247 Sports ranked the 10 best jobs in the G5 and although the top three wasn’t a surprise, I don’t think you’ll believe the rest of the list.
- G5 teams who didn’t go bowling last year but will return to a bowl in 2017.
- East Carolina lost their WR coach Gerald Parker due to his recent arrest.
- Temple’s pursuit of trying to get their own stadium has been put on hold due to continued opposition.
- Geoff Collins is just getting settled in Philly and although getting a cheesesteak should be high on the list, Collins should focus on finding a quarterback first.
- More disturbing news out of Charlotte as it pertains to Kevin Olsen.
- The Pilot tells Old Dominion fans to take a chill pill when it comes to ODU’s recruiting rankings.
- Brett Vito continues his 2017 Outlook series for North Texas with a look at the offensive line and wonders if UNT can reload at wide receiver and running back.
- Charlotte’s Larry Ogunjobi became the 49ers’ first player to receive an NFL Combine Invite.
- Bill Connelly released his Sun Belt Power Rankings and believes Troy could be the best team in the conference but App State should be the favorite.
- An interesting look at why New Mexico State’s non-football sports may be tied to the WAC.
- App State’s Upshaw could be back in play for playing time. Here’s where we see the Mountaineers RB depth chart as of now.
- App just promoted Scot Sloan to co-defensive coordinator.