Around the Dog Park is our daily round up of G5 football news around the internet. Feel free to submit any news we may have missed in the comments section.
General G5 Football
- Group of Five commissioners were on a conference call yesterday and Northern Illinois Athletic Director Sean Frazier brought up the whole G5 playoff thing again. We gave our two cents on the idea a while ago and my opinion is still the same.
- The mothership graded every first year head coach in 2016 and there were a whole lot of wait-and-sees for G5 head coaches.
- Virtual reality is no longer coming to your nearest arcade (do they still have those?) but rather your favorite college football team. This would be a pretty cool feature for a program to have but it’ll further separate the haves from the have-nots.
- NCAA might be on the verge of changing their targeting rule.
- A fun video ranking of every FBS team by mascot weight.
- USF announces a date for their Spring Game.
- Keevan Lucas was amazing at Tulsa but now it’s time for him to take a shot at the NFL.
- Former FAU head coach Charlie Partridge returns to a P5 school.
- Why is Last Chance U star DJ Law not on UAB’s spring roster?
- A close look at North Texas recruiting over the past five years.
- Louisiana-Lafayette has scheduled Grambling.
- Bill Connelly tries his best to predict the always unpredictable South Alabama football team and wonders if Georgia Southern can find itself in 2017.
- If you don’t know why Idaho is going to the Big Sky, here’s a rap video explaining why they’re about to fly (am I doing this correctly?)