General G5 football
- SMU and Louisiana Tech have agreed to a home-and-home scheduling agreement. This is an awesome match up that pairs two solid programs within easy driving distance of each other.
- This news shouldn’t come as a surprise as the two schools are preparing to face off in the Frisco Bowl. Here’s our game preview.
- This story focuses on Ohio State but I thought it was an interesting read on how NCAA bylaws can affect recruiting efforts when things go awry during campus visits.
- Here’s a deep dive on one of my favorite parts of national signing day: #HatScience.
- The National Letter of Intent paperwork that ECU is mailing their recruits is absolutely epic.
- Our buddies at The Daily Stampede are trying to send a bus of fans to the Birmingham Bowl.
- Here’s an early signing day primer for USF’s recruiting class.
- UTSA’s season certainly didn’t pan out how most pundits expected it to. Answers are hard to find.
- Lane Kiffin has agreed to a 10 year contract extension with FAU. Even if Kiffin does end up bolting for a Power Five job, FAU will receive a huge financial windfall. We’re waiting on contract details right now.
Sources: Former FAU coach & Nebraska DC Carl Pelini “considering” offer to become Bowling Green’s DC & is “very interested” in position. 1st reported by @jwagnerblade— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) December 19, 2017
- USM will face a Florida State team sporting a re-tooled depth chart in the Independence Bowl.
- Georgia Southern has named a recruiting coordinator.
- Coastal Carolina started their FBS era this season. Results were mixed but the Chanticleers are happy to be here.
Aggies 2018 class will be a full 21 players Martin said. Just a reminder they didn't have any commits before the UTEP game and Martin's extension— Jason Groves (@JPGroves) December 19, 2017