General G5 Football
- Eastern Washington’s quarterback Gage Gubrud made national headlines for all the wrong reasons after an embarrassing arrest this weekend.
- USF was not included in the second edition of the College Football Playoffs rankings despite their 8-1 record.
- The numbers make it obvious that the CFP rankings are vastly under-ranking undefeated UCF.
- Louisiana Tech has preliminary selected a new mascot to replace Tech XXI.
- Miklo Smalls is likely the quarterback of the future for Rice. He was granted a lot of snaps against UAB in a blowout and played pretty well.
- Old Dominion’s Denzel Williams was arrested for felony assault on November 1st.
- UAB’s Andre Wilson is seeking to enjoy a huge game in front of a hometown crowd as he returns to San Antonio to face UTSA.
- More trouble with the law for Marshall after outside linebacker Donyae Moody finally turned himself in to the police after being accused of fleeing from the police in a vehicle a month ago.
- Charlotte has signed an apparel provider contract with Nike.
- More national spotlight on Lane Kiffin and FAU, this time from ESPN.com.
Mean Green & a touch of chrome. #BeatUTEP#NewDenton #UNTouchable pic.twitter.com/kFkVClHWT7— North Texas Gridiron (@UNTGridiron) November 7, 2017
- New Mexico State defensive end Cedric Wilcots II was selected as the Sun Belt Defensive Player of the week after his three sack performance against Texas State.
- Arkansas State’s phenomenal defensive line will prove a huge challenge to South Alabama this week. The Red Wolves secondary has also helped lead the way to Arkansas States’ strong push in the back end of the season.
- Texas State went deep into their bag of tricks to find plays that could get them on the board against New Mexico State.
Breaking: App State football to play Wisconsin on Sept. 19, 2020. The Mountaineers will travel to Madison, Wisconsin.— Ethan Joyce (@EthanJoyceWSJ) November 6, 2017
- Florida State’s hurricane-canceled match up with ULM has been rescheduled for December 2nd at 12 pm EST.
- Appalachian State wide receiver Shaedon Meadors is seeking to transfer to a new program.
- New Mexico State wide receiver Jaleel Scott received an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Scott leads the Aggies in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns.
BREAKING | Game-time set for 3 p.m. MT for NM State at Louisiana on Nov. 18!!— NM State Football (@NMStateFootball) November 6, 2017
ESPN3#AggieUp #MakeAPlay pic.twitter.com/z82beTyBWi