- Fear The Wave ranks all 15 head coaches from the 2015 coaching carousel by looking at advanced stats. Bowling Green has regressed something fierce, while UCF is where we they should be with Scott Frost.
- Charlie Strong met with the Tampa mayor to try and gain more support for the Bulls. A ranked team. With a Heisman player at quarterback. Do better USF fans and Tampa residents.
- AAC Power Rankings: UCF number 1? I think USF should be first but UCF has the better resume for sure.
Hey @espn & @MSU_Athletics , without a doubt @MeanGreenSports is the hottest athletic dept in the country. BUT you can’t just try to steal #MeanGreen. It’s trademarked and has been for a very, very long time. Cease and desist letter on the way. https://t.co/7g69KeEm0T— Wren Baker (@wrenbaker) October 4, 2017
- Wren called out ESPN for using UNT’s trademark for a promo. Given’s ESPN’s coverage of G5 football it wouldn’t surprise me if they had no idea smh.
- Old Dominion used their bye week to get healthy and hopes to welcome back a few key starters for the conference opener against FAU.
- Another good edition of film study from our friends at The Daily Dragon as they breakdown La Tech.
- Graham Harrell’s name is coming up for the UTEP job and other observations from Brett Vito after UNT’s huge win over Southern Miss.
- Marshall is back to having fun after a season from hell in 2016.
- Lane Kiffin shut downs practice briefly because the team lacked effort to start. Not a good sign, eh?
- UTEP interim head coach Mike Price addressed the media last night. What a sentence.
- UTEP fans are 50/50 on Price being back by the way.
- Of course Troy is at the top of this week’s Sun Belt Power Rankings.