General G5 Football
- Here’s the latest update to the college football imperialism map. UCF is making huge gains across the country.
- USF’s Nate Ferguson and South Alabama’s Deonta Moore are national standouts on special teams.
- Not many programs can afford the luxury of having a quarterback like Kyle Postma on the roster. He gives Houston a veteran presence and athletic signal caller off the bench, something that’s extremely rare in modern college football.
- UCF has hands-down the most informative game notes in the country. Riveting stuff.
- The Daily Stampede makes a strong argument for USF fans to sit back and just enjoy this winning streak for the Bulls while it lasts.
- Navy and Air Force will meet this Saturday for the 50th time in program history.
- In a truly baffling move, UTEP has elected to bring Mike Price back as the Miners’ head coach. It’s a very strange move that is sure to upset players in the locker room who were not recruited by or played for Price during his original tenure at UTEP.
- Some members of our C-USA staff joined for a roundtable to discuss the UTEP job, its limitations, and how to move forward. No one mentioned it being a good idea to bring Mike Price back as head coach FWIW!
- The SWC Roundup argues that the UTEP administration dropped the ball with the entire Kugler-to-Price transition. It’s really hard to disagree.
- Not only does UTEP have a huge mess on their hands with their coaching situatioin, they also have no idea who will play quarterback against Western Kentucky.
- North Texas wide receiver Jalen Guyton is quickly emerging as one of the top wide outs in the conference.
- Our buddies at Red Cup Rebellion are openly petitioning for Ole Miss to hire Frank Wilson away from UTSA.
- “There’s blood on everyone’s hands” following Southern Miss’ disappointing loss to UNT at home.
- No surprise that Troy leads our Sun Belt power rankings after taking down #25 LSU on the road.
- In a Twitter interview, Georgia Southern Athletic Director Tom Kleinlein told GS fans that they should lower their expectations for the program which sparked this heated Twitter thread.
- Kickoff time for NMSU vs Georgia Southern has been set.
ICYMI: Sun Belt Announces Football Players of the Week (Oct. 2)https://t.co/vqJXgWigji#FunBelt pic.twitter.com/gpYTVGWgmb— #FunBelt (@SunBelt) October 2, 2017