General G5 Football
- What happened to Liberty? The Flames upset Baylor on the road to start the season but have now lost two in a row to FCS opponents.
- Bill Connelly has debuted the updated ranking of all 130 FBS teams according to the S&P+ matrix.
- Here’s our recap of all the action at the FCS level last week.
- Rest in peace to Russell Athletics.
Austin Peay is the only state of TN football team to win this weekend:— Austin Stanley (@AustinStanley81) October 1, 2017
- We had our staff photographer on hand to capture the scene at SMU as the Mustangs took down UConn. Here’s our full recap from the game.
- Trey Quinn is starting to make a name for himself at SMU, giving the Mustangs a dangerous second option to complement Courtland Sutton. Ben Hicks is also coming into his own as a quarterback. Here’s a look at his progression as a passer.
- ECU continues to struggles on defense but at least the offense showed some fight against USF. Thomas Sirk played a great game under center, giving ECU some hope for the season.
- Navy used 31 unanswered points to take down a Tulsa team that appears to have been overrated coming into the season.
- Say hello to the new king of the AAC as UCF blasted Memphis last week.
- Houston overcame an injury to Ed Oliver and held on to beat Temple 20-13.
- Memphis had a player dismissed from the program due to his involvement in a robbery.
- UCF is suing over defects in their football stadium.
- Yes, Temple is still pursuing an on-campus football stadium despite all the roadblocks.
- Marshall and UNT rise in our power rankings while MTSU plummets.
- Louisiana Tech used a late push to get past a pesky South Alabama squad.
- Three things we learned from C-USA last week: The East is wide open, Marshall might be back, and UNT is ready to compete for a title.
- Lane Kiffin has his first major win at FAU after the Owls gashed MTSU on the ground to the tune of an 18 point conference victory.
- Despite an early deficit, UNT laid the smack down on an uninspired USM team to shake up the outlook of C-USA West.
- Let’s start taking a look at potential candidates for UTEP to replace Sean Kugler with.
- Here’s how the UTEP Miners can move their program forward following Sean Kugler’s departure from the program. The Miners can’t hit a home run if they don’t swing for the fences.
- Sean Kugler’s failure at UTEP can be tracked down to a lack of talent acquisition and development as well as a stubborn approach to managing the Miners’ offense.
- UTSA left tackle Josh Dunlop has emerged as one of the best linemen in C-USA. He almost didn’t make it to campus.
- Damien Dozier is the latest Marshall player to leave the program.
- ODU’s plan for their major rehaul of Foreman Field has some obvious but correctable flaws.
- Conference USA West appears to be in for a wild season. This article lays it out and it was even written before UNT upset USM!
- In case you’ve been under a rock for the past three days, Troy walked into Death Valley and smacked around LSU like it was easy. Unfortunately, an unruly celebration from a player caused Neal Brown to hand out a suspension following the huge upset. Now is as good of a time as ever to recollect on how Neal Brown turned Troy into a force in the Sun Belt.
- Obviously Troy’s huge win over LSU headlines the news out of the Sun Belt last week but here’s what else we learned about the conference.
- New Mexico State showed some fight against Arkansas but the Hogs were ultimately too much for NMSU to handle.